S&w sd9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : S&w sd9

South Fla
07-06-2010, 11:04
Has the S&W SD9 been released yet? I have only seen it on Gunbroker in the.40, but not in the 9mm.

I want to buy one of these for the wife.

MSgt Dotson
07-07-2010, 04:50
This sure looks very suspiciously like the Sigma with a quick $5 face lift...

Lets hope they've done something to address the 12-14lb triggers on them this time....

glockess56
07-07-2010, 12:15
I held the .40 and the trigger was superb! I'm usually a Glock person, but this trigger is great and the reason I want to see this in 9mm. The size, weight and trigger pull is very good. It even has a night sight as the front sight. It comes that way. One of the workers at my range has one, that's how I looked at it. It's on the S&W website as having a 9mm.

BrokenArrow
07-17-2010, 11:56
I've put a few hundred rounds through a SD40 w no probs and liked it a lot. See my post.

It's not just a Sigma w a new rail, grip, sights, slide, extractor, trigger... but it will have to buck the "Sigma Stigma" anyway. :supergrin:

obxemt
09-05-2010, 21:03
Seems to be a majorly overhauled Sigma with an M&P trigger.

Looks like a hell of a good buy.

BrokenArrow
09-06-2010, 09:46
The operating system has parts from the Sigma and M&P, but is different from either. The Sigma and M&P are more alike than the SD is to either.

The extractor and sights are M&P.

The SD and Sigma mags are similar and will interchange. The SD9 mag has a different floorplate, the SD40 mag a different floorplate and follower. Mag bodies are the same.

The guide rod/spring is the same as the Sigma, and the same for the 9 and 40.

The frame has a std rail, the grip has a different profile from the Sigma.

You could argue it's the same dog w a new haircut, or different enough to be a new breed. I have. ;)

Tomac
09-06-2010, 09:52
Have you considered getting her an M&P9 or M&p9c? I just picked up a 9c for the wife (her first handgun), added the APEX sear/striker block & Meprolight night sights and she's already deadly w/it, getting consistent COM/head shots at 15'.
Tomac

My S&W M&P9 w/the wife's M&P9c:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/ResizeofRe-exposureofSWMP99c001.jpg