Google Redirect Virus..Help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Google Redirect Virus..Help

Bilbo Bagins
07-06-2010, 12:43
It seems I caught the GlockTalk HIV when we had that hacker problem a few weeks back.

Does anyone know a simple solution to get rid of this thing.

TBO
07-06-2010, 13:24
Delete your cookies.

IndyGunFreak
07-06-2010, 14:21
It seems I caught the GlockTalk HIV when we had that hacker problem a few weeks back.

Does anyone know a simple solution to get rid of this thing.

A few weeks ago, and you're just now figuring it out..

IGF

Bilbo Bagins
07-06-2010, 14:32
Delete your cookies.

Damn you I cannot do a google search for a face palm or that "everyone in this room is now dumber for having listening to it" quote from Billy Madison.

Your sarcasm is not helping me, if you don't know, don't respond. Someone with the answer will just assume you responded with a logical fix and move on. I goof around on Glocktalk but I know better.

Just to let everyone else know. Yes I deleted all my cookies, browsing history, etc.

I un-installed the google toolbar

Ran Norton

Ran Spyblaster

Ran Avast

I have Hijack This, but don't know how to use it.

Bilbo Bagins
07-06-2010, 14:33
A few weeks ago, and you're just now figuring it out..

IGF

Work computer and I was on vacation. Plus I was trying to fix it on my own, then I thought I would get some good advice here.

Maybe, I was wrong in thinking that?

Sgt. Schultz
07-06-2010, 15:09
Ran Norton

Ran Spyblaster

Ran Avast

Did you run them in safe mode? If not do so, also try ... http://www.malwarebytes.org/
... also in safe mode.

TBO
07-06-2010, 15:47
Damn you I cannot do a google search for a face palm or that "everyone in this room is now dumber for having listening to it" quote from Billy Madison.

Your sarcasm is not helping me, if you don't know, don't respond. Someone with the answer will just assume you responded with a logical fix and move on. I goof around on Glocktalk but I know better.

Just to let everyone else know. Yes I deleted all my cookies, browsing history, etc.

I un-installed the google toolbar

Ran Norton

Ran Spyblaster

Ran Avast

I have Hijack This, but don't know how to use it.
It was not meant as sarcastic, but sincere advice.

Sorry it wasn't helpful, and best of luck.

GIockGuy24
07-06-2010, 15:50
Another really good scanner is IObit Security 360.

Get the Free version not the Pro.

http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

GIockGuy24
07-06-2010, 15:52
That should do it but just in case it doesn't here's the portable version of Super Antispyware.

http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html

Linux3
07-06-2010, 19:34
OK, tell me again why you run an O.S. that has such problems?

Pierre!
07-07-2010, 00:45
OK, tell me again why you run an O.S. that has such problems?

Cause it's the dominant force in Operating Systems? Cause Bill Gates can convince Intel to keep up with Moore's law more effectively than anyone? Cause it keeps more people employed?

Hmmm.... that's just off the top of my head... need more??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thunderbolt56
07-07-2010, 06:24
Stay on topic peeps...please.

As already suggested, run malwarebytes, and try to find the root where the virus is located and delete all the relevant files. They're often found in this or a similar directory C:documents and settings/"your pc name"/local settings/temp

Locate them, right click and delete. Make sue to empty your trash can before rebooting too.

Do all this in safe mode (hit F8 while booting).

jpa
07-10-2010, 10:19
I had a similar problem. I just reloaded the F-ing computer...I'm sick of screwing with these stupid virii, malware and spyware. I keep all my media handy and keep my data separate.

JohnBT
07-10-2010, 14:06
"OK, tell me again why you run an O.S. that has such problems?"

Again, didn't you underestand the first time? :dunno:

Bilbo Bagins
07-12-2010, 10:48
Update,

Thanks to tbhracing and "Super Anti Spyware" I am "so far" free of the Google redirect virus.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1241326

on a side note, I have used Bing so much during the infection that I'm starting to like it over google.