Recent changes in idpa [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recent changes in idpa

November Sunrise
07-07-2010, 07:19
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=10 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>got this today...
Greetings Members,
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>We have a very full installment of our e-blast for you. I am sure that you will be discussing this for days to come. The ability to reach out to other members more effectively brings us to the first announcement. </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>IDPA is very happy to announce the addition of a discussion forum to the IDPA website. This forum has been in existence for several years and hosted by past National Match Director Ted Murphy. Ted's unofficial IDPA forum has consistently been one of the best places to discuss IDPA. After entering into discussions with Ted, we have forged an agreement to add this existing forum to the IDPA website and make it an official part of the IDPA community. You can reach this forum via the IDPA website or www.idpaforum.com (http://www.idpaforum.com/). We believe this forum will be of great benefit to our members and guests in exchanging ideas, announcing upcoming local and sanctioned matches as well as discussing rules. This brings us to the second announcement. </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>We have created an addendum to the IDPA rule book. These rule addendums are an important part in clarifying the rule book and help in keeping IDPA headed in the right direction. Some of what is listed is simple clarifications but there are several rule changes as well. Most of these items will be of real benefit to our members such as increased weight limits for CDP and additions to the inclusive list of permitted modifications. The addendum can be found on the IDPA website (http://www.idpa.com/) or on the new forum (http://www.idpaforum.com/). The forum will be a great place to let us know how you feel about this addendum. This rule addendum will go into effect on August 1st. </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>The last announcement we have for you is also a big one. IDPA is very pleased to announce IDPA Defensive Multi Gun. IDPA was created around the defensive use of a handgun. However, we realize there are a lot of rifles and shotguns placed in closets, trunks, bedsides, etc. as defensive tools as well. In an effort to include the use of these tools, IDPA Defensive Multi Gun (DMG) was created. DMG was not created to replace existing IDPA matches. It is simply another format that clubs can use in addition to their regular IDPA matches. IDPA DMG is a stand alone match format that could be run after regular club matches or on different weekends for an extra challenge and fun. It is designed to be adaptable to the club's capabilities and you can incorporate any combination of pistols, shotguns and rifles. </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>There are 4 divisions for DMG. There is an iron sight and optic sight division for major caliber rifles and there are iron sight and optic sight divisions for pistol caliber carbines only. We feel that the pistol caliber divisions will bring out a whole new level of challenge and fun to an already exciting format. </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>These rules are currently provisional. IDPA intends on allowing clubs to look these over and try them out over the course of the next several months. At the end of the year we will make any adjustments that are deemed necessary before finalizing them before the shooting season starts up for next year. The rules can be found at the IDPA website (http://www.idpa.com/) or on the official IDPA forum (http://www.idpaforum.com/). We hope that you take the opportunity to give this exciting new sport a try and tell us about it on the IDPA forum. </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>I look forward to seeing you on the range. Have fun and be safe. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jon_R
07-07-2010, 07:26
Yep. I have been reading through them. A big change is you can get more then one PE of a type per stage/ string. If you fail proper cover from 5 shooting positions you can get 5 PEs.

Also as a USPSA 3-Gun MD I am looking at the IDPA Multi-Gun rules.

PEC-Memphis
07-07-2010, 12:19
[QUOTE=Jon_R;15596339]A big change is you can get more then one PE of a type per stage/ string. If you fail proper cover from 5 shooting positions you can get 5 PEs. /QUOTE]

Isn't this just a clarification and not a change?

I asked Ray a similar question several months ago and the ruling was that multiple shots without proper cover at the same position would garner only one PE - however it would be a separate infraction (with a separate PE) at a different position.

Jon_R
07-07-2010, 12:25
A big change is you can get more then one PE of a type per stage/ string. If you fail proper cover from 5 shooting positions you can get 5 P.Es

Isn't this just a clarification and not a change?

I asked Ray a similar question several months ago and the ruling was that multiple shots without proper cover at the same position would garner only one PE - however it would be a separate infraction (with a separate PE) at a different position.

Page 15 of the rule book. Ray may have felt different but our club followed the rule book. Now we will follow the rule book plus the addendum. I wish they would just put them together making a new rule book.

PP 1. Procedural Error (PE):
A. Adds three (3) seconds per infraction.
B. Is assessed when the competitor does not follow the
procedures set forth in the CoF description or when a
competitor breaks a competition rule. Only one (1) PE is
assessed for each type of infraction in a string of fire. If the
shooter does more than one type of infraction, such as using
the wrong specified hand AND fire an incorrect number of
shots, a separate PE is assessed for each type of infraction.

HK Dan
07-08-2010, 08:57
I agree with Ray. Using cover badly from 2 different locations earns you 2 PEs. 2 bad engagements, 2 penalties. If all IDPA penalties worked that way, a hit on 3 non-threats would only mean one penalty (I know, it said PE).

I suppose if a guy ran through using no cover you could do an FTDR...

Jon_R
07-08-2010, 09:17
I agree with Ray. Using cover badly from 2 different locations earns you 2 PEs. 2 bad engagements, 2 penalties. If all IDPA penalties worked that way, a hit on 3 non-threats would only mean one penalty (I know, it said PE).

I suppose if a guy ran through using no cover you could do an FTDR...

I agree with Ray to but without anything else to me I have to use the rule book. Now they clarified it and actually got the information to me so I will call it based on the new rule book. :)

waktasz
07-08-2010, 12:02
Sweet. I always wanted a 9mm carbine. Time to go shopping.

Deployment Solu
07-08-2010, 12:06
My MP5 has just found a new purpose in life!!!!!

ronin.45
07-10-2010, 00:24
Heck we have been running defensive three gun matches for years. It's about time IDPA caught up. They are a blast.:supergrin: