Found a great deal yesterday. Ranger-T. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Found a great deal yesterday. Ranger-T.

granitemonkey
07-07-2010, 16:49
I went into my local gun store yesterday, A friend of mine gave me a gift card for my bday. I finally got to use it, so I get what I had planned on. Then I stopped by the ammo section like I always do before I leave, and then stopped in my tracks in awe.

They had some RA9T:shocked:, and heres the kicker it was $19.99 a box:wow:. First time I had ever seen Ranger-T in that shop before and cheaper than I had ever seen online . And it was practically untouched, I cant believe more people hadnt jumped all over it. It appeared I had bought the first box since they had stocked it. Of course they have all the 20 round boxes that we all see, they also have that new packaged Golden Saber and that was more expensive than the Ranger-T. Hopefully I can jump all over this some more before they sell out. Anyone else ever find good deals like this?

collim1
07-07-2010, 18:44
I recently was very pleased to find a 1k case of PMC 180g FMJ .40 brass ammo

I made a friend an offer on it and got it for $170. He "came across it" for free when a elderly family firearms enthusiast passed away.

I felt good about it. It was atleast 15yo, but had been stored correctly. What I have shot shoots very well, but very dirty, out of my 226.

fastbolt
07-07-2010, 20:17
A local cop shop who is also a Winchester LE dealer often had various Ranger ammunition available on display and for sale to individual LE. The prices aren't as good as agency orders/FET exempt, of course, but they aren't bad. I haven't bought any within the last year, but the last time I did I think he had finally raised the price from $12.95/50-rd box to $14.95/box for the RA9T & RA9TA loads.

There might be more 9mm and .40 S&W T-series loads seen in LE use in CA now that the latest state contract was awarded to Winchester for their T-series ammunition. Too bad the RA45T wasn't included. ;) Of course, the last time we tried to order some of the regular RA45T we had to instead take several thousand rounds of RA45TP (+P) because that was all that was available at the time we needed the ammunition. Hopefully the regular pressure .45 T-series loads will be more available again sometime soon.

Under the contract the RA9124TP124gr +P is $95.30/case & the RA40TL 180gr is $105.58/case. That's significantly better than the regular agency pricing we were paying for T-series ammunition back when it wasn't on the state contract.

Of course, this might mean the T-series may become more difficult to find if a lot of CA agencies decide to take advantage of ordering under the contract pricing. Dunno. Last time I looked at the contract terms regarding minimum quantity ordered was only a single case. Dunno.

Even though I have a preference for the T-series line I wouldn't pay exorbitant prices for it (like upwards of $25/50-rd box). There's plenty of other good premium-quality, modern design defensive ammunition being sold.

Of course, paying $25-$35 for a 20/25-rd box of Speer or Golden Sabre seems exorbitant, too, remembering when I had to buy some at a local gun store during the internet hyped buying frenzy (I was replacing some .38 S&W Spl +P). :rofl:

the iceman
07-07-2010, 23:17
Congrats!

Golden Sabers have new packaging?

BossGodfrey
07-08-2010, 05:38
In 2006 I found Ranger T at a local shop for 15.99 a box in 357 sig. Wish I would have bought more! I also was buying 50 rd boxes of Gold Dot for 16.99 from mirage technologies. Those were the days.

Thunderbolt56
07-08-2010, 11:47
I'm buying some 40 S&W Gold Dots today...50rd box for $19.99

I don't know if that's a great price comparatively, but it's a very good price for around here.

granitemonkey
07-08-2010, 20:34
Congrats!

Golden Sabers have new packaging?

Yes Sir, its called Ultimate Home Defense now. Same exact cartridge. I think someone posted on here saying that a Remington rep said its basically marketing.

camdz
07-08-2010, 22:48
Not a GREAT deal, but I picked up a few 50 round boxes of the Ranger T stuff in .45 today for $24. Its the normal price at this store, but I was surprised to see so much of it.