Crimson Trace Installation Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace Installation Question

mickdundie
07-07-2010, 20:25
I'm going to get a CT Laser for my G26 and was looking at the picture on the website. I can't see how the laser is held on the grip.
http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG626/tabid/213/Default.aspx

Is it pinned with the pin through the grip? If so the CT Laser must come with a longer pin...

Take out the stock pin, position laser, install pin.

Is that how it works? Is it secure?

Another question. Do you guys put the 'DANGER' stickers on your gun? Seems to me like if the laser is on you, then you have bigger problems than a laser hitting your eye!

Thanks

Mick:thumbsup:

BMOE
07-07-2010, 23:50
I don't have a CT on my 26, but I've read that they come with another roll pin and you install it like you described. How do you like the feel of it? I'm considering the laserlyte which I got to see today at a shop. Looks well made and that one worked pretty good, but they don't have the reputation of a CT yet.

G26ster
07-07-2010, 23:54
I'm going to get a CT Laser for my G26 and was looking at the picture on the website. I can't see how the laser is held on the grip.
http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG626/tabid/213/Default.aspx

Is it pinned with the pin through the grip? If so the CT Laser must come with a longer pin...

Take out the stock pin, position laser, install pin.

Is that how it works? Is it secure?

Another question. Do you guys put the 'DANGER' stickers on your gun? Seems to me like if the laser is on you, then you have bigger problems than a laser hitting your eye!

Thanks

I have one on my G26. You get a new longer pin with the laser kit. Easy to install. I did not put the stickers on my gun. I also don't eat the silica gel paks, use my hair dryer in the shower, and I tear all the tags off my matresses :whistling:

BMOE
07-08-2010, 12:04
and I tear all the tags off my matresses :whistling:

Oooooooo! I'm tell'n :tongueout:

mickdundie
07-08-2010, 15:23
I don't have a CT on my 26, but I've read that they come with another roll pin and you install it like you described. How do you like the feel of it? I'm considering the laserlyte which I got to see today at a shop. Looks well made and that one worked pretty good, but they don't have the reputation of a CT yet.

I will pick it up wed 7-14
$199

Will let you know then.

mickdundie
07-08-2010, 15:26
I have one on my G26. You get a new longer pin with the laser kit. Easy to install. I did not put the stickers on my gun. I also don't eat the silica gel paks, use my hair dryer in the shower, and I tear all the tags off my matresses :whistling:

EXCELLENT!:cool:

I save the Silica paks and put them in my ammo boxes...keeps moister out.

HoldHard
07-19-2010, 13:49
I have one on my G26. You get a new longer pin with the laser kit. Easy to install. I did not put the stickers on my gun. I also don't eat the silica gel paks, use my hair dryer in the shower, and I tear all the tags off my matresses :whistling:I just run with sissors.... but no stickers on either my G21 or G30...

HH

Mdot
07-22-2010, 19:49
The silica packs can be used to prevent swamp ass if placed in your tighties.....so I've heard