Finally bought a Scrap Yard!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought a Scrap Yard!!!

emt1581
07-08-2010, 19:25
I check their site every now and then to see if they actually have any knives for sale. Well today was my lucky day! Not only did they have a VERY nice knife for sale...I got a sweet discount because I'm an EMT. So for a 13" knife with a 7" blade AND sheath...$124 SHIPPED!!!

http://shop.scrapyardknives.com/product.sc?productId=47&categoryId=4

There she is. A very nice piece IMO. The cheapest I've ever seen one of their larger knives.

Just figured I'd share! :)

-Emt1581

syntaxerrorsix
07-09-2010, 04:51
Very cool.

BigJoe13
07-09-2010, 17:27
Congrats on the new blade!

Hope it serves you well.

emt1581
07-09-2010, 21:02
I got a very nice sheath with the knife but I'm partial to kydex. Anyone know a good sheath maker that will make me a rig for this knife?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

stgha
07-09-2010, 22:20
I got a very nice sheath with the knife but I'm partial to kydex. Anyone know a good sheath maker that will make me a rig for this knife?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

I've been doing Kydex work for quite a while, shoot me a pm if you want to talk....

Steve

emt1581
07-09-2010, 22:23
I've been doing Kydex work for quite a while, shoot me a pm if you want to talk....

Steve

Check your PM's.

-Emt1581

Liquid
07-11-2010, 10:27
amazing knife i got mine in about a week ago.

Dennis in MA
07-11-2010, 19:28
That sheath is worth 10x what they charged. It's like the old Eagle sheaths Busse used to have made for their knives.

emt1581
07-11-2010, 19:34
That sheath is worth 10x what they charged. It's like the old Eagle sheaths Busse used to have made for their knives.

Oh ok, I didn't know that. I just figured it looked a little bulky and wanted something more hands free in terms of the snaps. I'll see what it's like when it comes though.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Zagato
07-11-2010, 19:35
cool knife. what happened to their knife selection? coulda sworn a few months ago they had a pretty nice list of different models. now just 4?

emt1581
07-11-2010, 19:43
cool knife. what happened to their knife selection? coulda sworn a few months ago they had a pretty nice list of different models. now just 4?

4? No, they have two knives now but you can pick whether you want the sheath or not. I picked the regulator with the sheath. I wonder what I'll store in the front pouch?? Maybe a firesteel, lighter, or some nacho cheese....

-Emt1581

emt1581
07-12-2010, 13:59
Well I got my knife in the mail today....HOLY FREAKING HELL!!! :wow:

This knife is big, sharp and solid! I've never owned anything like it!

To start off, it's massive! Sort of reminds me of the knife Crocodile Dundee carried. It's also about 1/3" thick in back of the blade but then tapers off to a clip point. The blade itself was able to shave hair off my arm sort of like a scalpel in that you don't need to put any pressure behind it, the weight of the blade does it just fine.

The grip is VERY comfortable and efficient for pretty much all grips.

It is a little heavy but then again that's a plus IMO. This thing seems like it'd chop/cleave/butcher with ease.

Two things I'm not sure of and can't comment on is the strength of the tip/point. I don't know if it'd hold up to being hammered into concrete like some other knives I've seen. I'm thinking it would just on how beefy this blade is but again I can't say for sure.

Also, the blade's coating/finish...I can't say how tough it is and what would scratch/chip it. But again, it seems tough and durable.

As for the sheath, it's pretty much the best one I've seen! It has some webbing and a strap going up the back for molle attachment. It has a large belt loop and eye-lets at the bottom for a thigh cord. There's also a pouch on the front of the sheath that looks like it'd hold a wetstone, magazine, survival gear package, etc. Not sure what I'll store in there.

Due to this thing's weight I hesitate to add it to my GHB. Right now I have multiple blades in there already including a RAT Izula and Glock rootsaw blade. Adding another pound wouldn't be a good idea IMO.

I don't have time to post pics but yall can certainly see them on the SY site plus I already posted the direct link to the knife.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them best I can.

-Emt1581

Liquid
07-12-2010, 19:43
i agree i was very impressed with the size. i ordered it a few months back and kinda forgot about it, xmas in july lol.

daddysnapmuffins
07-13-2010, 19:34
Congrats man. I have one too and I love it.

emt1581
07-13-2010, 21:06
I just learned something the hard way. I strapped it on my left side and then made the mistake of plopping down on the couch. I took a pretty hard shot to the hip. Damn handle gouged me!

One question I have as a newbie to molle webbing...how do I weave the strap on the sheath to webbing? On the shoulder straps of my pack are two strips of webbing...so two belt loops. There are 4-5 strips on the back of the sheath....how do I weave the sheath to the pack?

Thanks!

-Emt1581