Best Sights to Help Eyesight Problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Sights to Help Eyesight Problem

CrackerKen
07-08-2010, 19:49
I don't know where else to post this question.

I wear tri-focal glasses. When I shoot, I get the best sight picture through the middle portion of the tri-focal. When I get the best sight picture, the target, 15 yds and more, is somewhat fuzzy. It's not so bad I cannot see it, but not to my liking. If I use the top portion of my tri-focals and try to get a clear picture of the target, my sights are too fuzzy.

Question: Is there a type of after market sights that my help address the problem I'm having? What I'd rather do, is have a clear picture of my target, and have sights that can be seen easy enough to get a clear sight picture.

Any advice will be appreciated.

JR
07-09-2010, 20:22
Try the Ghost Ring sights available from AmeriGlo http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=ghost%20ring AroTek and several others. They are the best thing going for any shooter using prescription glasses

CrackerKen
07-10-2010, 12:54
Thanks much. I notice that there are two models at the link you provided. One is +0 and the other is +1. How do they differ?

Do these work somewhat like a peep sight on a military rifle? Just wondering what the sight picture looks like.

JR
07-11-2010, 23:00
The +0 is intended for use with 9/4/357 guns except the 26,27,33
The +1 is intended for use with 10/45 guns and the 26,27,33

Yep, just like the rifle sight..... Except they are on your Glock!