Old CorBon Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Old CorBon Ammo

ColCol
07-09-2010, 17:43
Mas-It was asked not long ago about the age of SD ammo and at what point should it be tossed or just used up and replenished. I have about 200 rounds of the old (1990-1995 era) CorBon 200 gr Flying Ashtray, as it was once called and took 10-20 out a few weeks back to see if they still had their stuff-they did. I also discovered recently I have around 200 of those bullet for reloading purposes.

Since I can't replenish these rounds as Speer no longer makes the bullet for reloaders or commercial ammo for it, would the 200 gr Gold Dot in +P version be just as good?

Mas Ayoob
07-09-2010, 20:08
If it has been stored in a cool, dry place, it should be as good as new.

We belt and suspenders types still shoot up the old ammo and replace it with fresh, if only for peace of mind.

I wouldn't have any problem with the 200 grain +P Gold Dot, except that there's no more affordable generic analog practice round that has the same trajectory, flash, etc. Of course, you can reload practice ammo to achieve that.

Best,
Mas

ColCol
07-10-2010, 09:16
Thanks for your reply. I'm currently using Ranger T 230 gr in standard or +P variety for the "night stand' but thought the Gold Dots might be a viable alternative. Way too expensive for range practice but I've shot enough of them to know the 3rd Gen Smith's seldom if ever have any problem with any ammo.

I like the 200 gr weight, for reasons unbeknownst to me, and will probably order these GD in that weight for reloading/practice purposes along with good ol' Wally World WWB.

Thanks Again