Gsg - 1911 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gsg - 1911

RMTactical
07-10-2010, 19:07
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1ATGSG1911&groupid=3

OK, these are new and they sold out fast. Does anyone have any info or experience with them?

I think this is my next purchase.

Cerebrus
07-10-2010, 19:11
From my understanding GSG makes a solid product as my LGS cannot keep any of their products on the shelf.. namely the HK MP5 copies.. from what I hear they are a far superior product than the Chiappa.. I would love to own one myself.. however I don't see the PRK letting them in anytime soon

ctfireman
07-10-2010, 19:20
My local shop had a gsg 1911 last week. It feels pretty solid. I plan on one next month after i fork out cash for a gift & a suite for my buddys stupid out of state wedding. I can't believe i have to spend a nice guns worth of money on something other than a gun!

bac1023
07-10-2010, 19:25
I've handled them. They're a hell of a lot nicer than the Puma.

Nestor
07-10-2010, 19:27
People are buying them like crazy here.
I decided to wait one more year and look how GSG will perform in the long run.

Titurel
07-10-2010, 23:20
I've handled one at a local gun shop and came very close to buying it on the spot. It felt like a great product, especially for the price. The only reason I held off was that I am currently involved in another 1911 .22lr project.

However, I did order 2 of the GSG 1911 magazines to use in my Marvel conversion gun. They are themselves a thing of beauty and absolutely blow away the Metalform Colt Ace magazines I have been using. They are not steel, but some kind of die cast alloy and weigh as much as a real 1911 loaded w/ 7 rounds of .230gr. The feed lips are totally solid with nothing to bend or wear, which in my view is the key to reliability with this type of gun. The magazines are clearly marked with those reassuring words "Made in Germany"

I can't make an authoritative recommendation due to my having never fired one, but I can say that it in no way felt like a toy (like the Chiappa). It is mostly a real 1911, apparently 80% parts interchangeability. Theoretically it would be possible to use the GSG frame to construct a .45acp pistol, though I would have some concerns about metallurgy.

One thing that isn't clear is the accuracy potential of the gun. It is not a target pistol and is designed for high velocity ammo. The trigger felt ok, not heavy at all but a little bit....spongy? Also I don't think anybody knows at this point how the gun will hold up after 10k rounds. But I'd say its worth trying out.

knedrgr
07-11-2010, 20:01
Looks awesome! Heck of a deal. I had a GSG-5PK, and it was OK. Not the greatest 22LR pistol for the money.

Deployment Solu
07-11-2010, 20:07
Tagged for Later!!!!