Limited 10 videos in Anchorage Alaska [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Limited 10 videos in Anchorage Alaska

Alaskapopo
07-11-2010, 13:15
I used my duty gear and shot limited 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNyF4ajToM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Pbm7PL-rU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Qy3KnPtBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWR7YkGdOP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YsqFCbHHK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpkrDp5DFwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT_qQTHEMd8

I paid to shoot the classifier stage 2 extra times once in limited and once as single stack.
I have been practicing more lately with my pistols and it paid off. I got 5th in the match and was only beat by 2 open shooters and 2 A class shooters one in limited 10 and one in production. I am B class in Limited 10.
Pat

saltydog452
07-11-2010, 13:58
Thanks for your post.

You wouldn't just happen to know a guy whose first name is
Ken would you?

salty

Alaskapopo
07-11-2010, 14:12
Thanks for your post.

You wouldn't just happen to know a guy whose first name is
Ken would you?

salty
Yes sir.
Pat

marvin
07-12-2010, 13:23
did you shoot the classifiers with the flashlight on your guns?

Alaskapopo
07-12-2010, 17:50

Yep it won't fit in my holster without it on.
Pat

Hoser
07-12-2010, 20:12

Open division.

marvin
07-12-2010, 20:54
Open division.

yep..

Alaskapopo
07-13-2010, 22:52
Oh well the point of this match was to practice up for the LEO shoot I am going to this week end.
Pat

Hoser
07-14-2010, 07:11
You do realize why shooting with the flashlight bumps you to Open?

Alaskapopo
07-14-2010, 12:17
You do realize why shooting with the flashlight bumps you to Open?

Yes its one of USPSA more stupid rules. Its considered a barrel weight. If USPSA wants to attract more cops and military members they need to have a duty gun class.
Pat

Colorado4Wheel
07-14-2010, 13:57
Yes its one of USPSA more stupid rules. Its considered a barrel weight. If USPSA wants to attract more cops and military members they need to have a duty gun class.
Pat

Or you could take the light off the gun or get a gaming gun like the rest of us.

Alaskapopo
07-14-2010, 14:41
Or you could take the light off the gun or get a gaming gun like the rest of us.

That would not do me much good for trying to get some good trigger time on with the gun I am most likely to need when the chips are down.

Besides I do have a gaming guns for Limited class a STI Edge. I also shoot the Wilson without a light. But the point of me using my duty gear in this match was to get ready for a LEO match I am shooting this weekend. Its a USPSA STYLE match where we use our duty gear.

What I said about USPSA also applies to IDPA. Both sports need to grow and many officers and military folks use weapon lights on their duty pistols. Both sports are losing potential shooters by having such backwards poorly thought out rules. A weapon light is not equal to a compensator or an optic. It does not belong in open.

Anyway I am not going to get into a pissing match about this. I had a good time at the match and did well.
Pat

Colorado4Wheel
07-14-2010, 15:54
That would not do me much good for trying to get some good trigger time on with the gun I am most likely to need when the chips are down.

Besides I do have a gaming guns for Limited class a STI Edge. I also shoot the Wilson without a light. But the point of me using my duty gear in this match was to get ready for a LEO match I am shooting this weekend. Its a USPSA STYLE match where we use our duty gear.

What I said about USPSA also applies to IDPA. Both sports need to grow and many officers and military folks use weapon lights on their duty pistols. Both sports are losing potential shooters by having such backwards poorly thought out rules. A weapon light is not equal to a compensator or an optic. It does not belong in open.

Anyway I am not going to get into a pissing match about this. I had a good time at the match and did well.
Pat

Officers need to attend matchs and shoot. It would serve them well to just show up and shoot and not worry about getting "bumped" into open. Or just shoot with a limited gun if you don't want that to happen. We shoot with a group of police regularly. None of them complain about shooting a "production gun" or their "limited gun". They just show up and shoot. Our last match was won by a cop shooting his limited gun. Never once do I hear them complain about these trival things. If you just want to practice in a match then shoot the gun with the light in Open. It's silly to try and make a national program into a Police Training program. Thats not what they are designed to do.

Alaskapopo
07-14-2010, 16:01
Officers need to attend matchs and shoot. It would serve them well to just show up and shoot and not worry about getting "bumped" into open. Or just shoot with a limited gun if you don't want that to happen. We shoot with a group of police regularly. None of them complain about shooting a "production gun" or their "limited gun". They just show up and shoot. Our last match was won by a cop shooting his limited gun. Never once do I hear them complain about these trival things. If you just want to practice in a match then shoot the gun with the light in Open. It's silly to try and make a national program into a Police Training program. Thats not what they are designed to do.

It was a club match so I am not complaining and I was not bumped to open. Also a match is not training rather its a skills test. If you think of it as training you will do stupid stuff on the street. What is stupid is to place a stock single stack 10 round gun into open because it has a 4 ouch weapon light attached. But that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. They could easily create a tactical class where weapon lights and lasers are allowed without the game stuff that is not practical on the street. But anyway enough is enough. :wavey:
Your opinion has been noted.
Pat

Colorado4Wheel
07-14-2010, 16:51
It was a club match so I am not complaining and I was not bumped to open. Also a match is not training rather its a skills test. If you think of it as training you will do stupid stuff on the street. What is stupid is to place a stock single stack 10 round gun into open because it has a 4 ouch weapon light attached. But that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. They could easily create a tactical class where weapon lights and lasers are allowed without the game stuff that is not practical on the street. But anyway enough is enough. :wavey:
Your opinion has been noted.
Pat

I'm all for the police attending and encouraging them to shoot. I don't know why this is so hard for you to discuss. It's just a basic club/rules discussion. Nothing exactly earth changing. Sports have rules. Thats just kinda the way it is. If more cops actually shot then maybe a tactical class would make sence but in my experiance most don't bother to show up but for a few core shooters. BTW, my brother was a cop as well so it's not like I'm totally new to them. We had a local Police event recently. IDPA makes perfect sence for a tactical class. It would make rules a nightmare so I can see why they don't do it. Things are complicated enough already. We argue about little things like plastic plugs in the butt of a Glock. Lights would add a whole new dimension of things to argue about.

Alaskapopo
07-14-2010, 18:06
I'm all for the police attending and encouraging them to shoot. I don't know why this is so hard for you to discuss. It's just a basic club/rules discussion. Nothing exactly earth changing. Sports have rules. Thats just kinda the way it is. If more cops actually shot then maybe a tactical class would make sence but in my experiance most don't bother to show up but for a few core shooters. BTW, my brother was a cop as well so it's not like I'm totally new to them. We had a local Police event recently. IDPA makes perfect sence for a tactical class. It would make rules a nightmare so I can see why they don't do it. Things are complicated enough already. We argue about little things like plastic plugs in the butt of a Glock. Lights would add a whole new dimension of things to argue about.

I really don't mind being bumped to open at a club match as its all for fun. But I don't agree with the rules as they are. But its not in my power to change them. USPSA is better on this issue than IDPA. At least you can shoot in OPEN. In IDPA some clubs won't let you shoot with a light at all. My club allows me to. IDPA has rules against lights but they also have a rule allowing Cops to shoot with their Duty gear so its kind of conflicting. I just don't like rules that will push people away. I Know some are for less divisions. I am for more. I would also like to see an Open 10 class for guys with older single stack guns and for 8 shot revolvers with optics. More classes mean more people will show up to shoot with what they have. Not everyone can afford a new blaster in this economy. Also everyone likes to have a fair chance at winning. Making more divisions with relatively equal equipment makes that easier. USPSA did a very good move by creating production and single stack. In my opinion those divisions are very appealing to a lot of shooters. Maybe a tactical class like in three gun for rifles (allowing 1 optic) for handguns would be good allowing a flash light and a laser.
Pat

Colorado4Wheel
07-14-2010, 18:49
Overall I agree with you, especially on the local level. I just encoarage people to show up and shoot and not worry about their class. That always seems to fall on deaf ears. People still think as a newbie they have a chance of winning. They agonize over shooting their HK in Limited, Limited 10 or Production. In the end it doesn't matter. Just have fun and shoot.

Alaskapopo
07-14-2010, 19:50
Overall I agree with you, especially on the local level. I just encoarage people to show up and shoot and not worry about their class. That always seems to fall on deaf ears. People still think as a newbie they have a chance of winning. They agonize over shooting their HK in Limited, Limited 10 or Production. In the end it doesn't matter. Just have fun and shoot.

I know what you are saying but some people especially type A personalities want to win if at all possible. I like to do well. I know there are a few guys I will not beat at least not until I get a lot more dedication and am willing to work as hard as they do. They are our clubs A class (USPSA) and Master class shooters in IDPA. I usually come in between 4th and 6th place because these guys are just plain better and even as I get better so do they. I don't mind losing when someone outshoots me or out thinks me on a stage. I would hate to lose because I got bumped to open because of some rule that made me have to compete against guys with faster guns (move bullets less recoil and optics) than mine.
Pat

Colorado4Wheel
07-14-2010, 20:29
It's just funny to see people agonize over "Limited, vs Limited 10, vs production" and they have never shot a match before. All the people with experiance are saying "just be safe" and they respond with "what class do I shoot in"?

marvin
07-14-2010, 21:01
when i shoot at club matchs i shoot limited, and all i care about is the overall standings. i want to be the top overall and thats what i shoot for, if i come in 2nd place and i lose to an open shooter is still lost.( i should point out that i don't win much any more. and i've been known to lose to production shooters:crying:)

Alaskapopo
07-14-2010, 21:07
when i shoot at club matchs i shoot limited, and all i care about is the overall standings. i want to be the top overall and thats what i shoot for, if i come in 2nd place and i lose to an open shooter is still lost.( i should point out that i don't win much any more. and i've been known to lose to production shooters:crying:)

Its pretty much the same here as the matches vary from as few as 10 people to maybe 30. So most of the time we just look at the overall and don't care about division. The open guys though are really hard to beat. Those guns blaze especially on the longer range courses of fire.
Pat

Hoser
07-15-2010, 07:09
and I was not bumped to open.

Your club might not have noticed that you had a flashlight on your pistol and might not have realized that you were in fact competing in open, but you were.

Down here I started an Outlaw division at our IDPA matches. Its simple, you want to break any rule that you think is BS, you can go right ahead and compete in Outlaw. Same deal with the Steel Challenge matches I run every Wednesday afternoon.

Colorado4Wheel
07-15-2010, 08:48
I don't see to point of not just declaring "Open". Your not in Limited. So just declare Open. It may not be that important to you but it sure may be important to someone else who is shooting in your class and just doesn't want to rock the boat.

marvin
07-15-2010, 11:13
the only problem i see is the added wieght might help on the classifer. given you a higher class than you really are. then if you do shoot a bigger match you'll be in a class you where your over classified, doesn't hurt anyone but you so if your ok with it why not.

on the other hand if you did go open you'd be sandbagging.

Alaskapopo
07-15-2010, 11:29
Your club might not have noticed that you had a flashlight on your pistol and might not have realized that you were in fact competing in open, but you were.

Down here I started an Outlaw division at our IDPA matches. Its simple, you want to break any rule that you think is BS, you can go right ahead and compete in Outlaw. Same deal with the Steel Challenge matches I run every Wednesday afternoon.

That actually not a bad idea.
Pat

Alaskapopo
07-15-2010, 11:31
the only problem i see is the added wieght might help on the classifer. given you a higher class than you really are. then if you do shoot a bigger match you'll be in a class you where your over classified, doesn't hurt anyone but you so if your ok with it why not.

on the other hand if you did go open you'd be sandbagging.

The level 2 retention holster is also a handicap which pretty much equals out any benefit from the added weight of the light on shot to shot times.
Pat

Hoser
07-15-2010, 15:55
The level 2 retention holster is also a handicap which pretty much equals out any benefit from the added weight of the light on shot to shot times.

It still doesent make it legal for any division other than Open.

*That* alone is the big deal.

Club match, Area Match, National World Championship. Everyone has to follow the same rules. Even the ones they dont like.

You may have signed up for L-10, Single Stack or whatever. Doesent mean thats where you actually competed.

I didnt mean to trample on your thread. Its just a pet peeve of mine when people think "Its ok, its just a club match" or "I dont like that rule anyway."

Have fun and good luck this weekend.

Alaskapopo
07-15-2010, 17:51
It still doesent make it legal for any division other than Open.

*That* alone is the big deal.

Club match, Area Match, National World Championship. Everyone has to follow the same rules. Even the ones they dont like.

You may have signed up for L-10, Single Stack or whatever. Doesent mean thats where you actually competed.

I didnt mean to trample on your thread. Its just a pet peeve of mine when people think "Its ok, its just a club match" or "I dont like that rule anyway."

Have fun and good luck this weekend.

Your right I should have signed up for open and known the rules better. For that I appologize. The rules are the rules.
Pat

marvin
07-16-2010, 13:24
Pat

some wouldn't like the extra weight they feel that it slows down their transition times.