Top Knives Hawk and Knife Emergency Tool (HAKET) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Top Knives Hawk and Knife Emergency Tool (HAKET)

actionpup
07-11-2010, 17:57
Anyone planning on picking up a HAKET (http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?products_id=325&osCsid=qcoupeshrillf5agplat2g6km3) when it is available? It looks like a good concept but I wonder about practicality. I have been in contact with Top Knives since I saw this advertised in Military Times some months back. They kept promising "next month,"next week," and so on for months and weeks now. It looks like it is finally going to be offered on July 19th. Military times had them projected as running around $190 for the HAKET and $70 for the interchangeable replacement blades.

If anyone has one or picks one up, please post a review. I was going to pick one up earlier but now have decided to sit back and wait to see what others say about it. I can always use another good hawk but with all of their delays, I have concerns. Again, post if you have practical knowledge of this new hawk. I am interested, just cautious.

http://www.topsknives.com/images/axes/haket01.jpg

stgha
07-11-2010, 18:29
Not sure if I will get it or not, looks useful...

Thanks for putting it on my radar!

Steve

RockyMtnScotsman
07-11-2010, 18:31
That looks interesting. I'll have to take a closer look when it come out. I have three other TOPS knives and the name fits, they're great.

actionpup
07-11-2010, 18:42
The potential problems I see are the exposed bolt and the strength/potential weakness of the tubing (handle). I am guessing for Tops Knives to put their name on it, it is quality. I try to be patient and wait for some practical reviews. I am not known for my patience however.

As for putting it on your radar, you are welcome. It does look useful, especially around a campsite or in a survival situation.

Morris
07-11-2010, 18:52
They are supposed to have a vendor's booth at an instructor conference I am attending the week of 7/19. If they have one there, I'll look it over and post thoughts and photos here.

actionpup
07-11-2010, 18:57
They are supposed to have a vendor's booth at an instructor conference I am attending the week of 7/19. If they have one there, I'll look it over and post thoughts and photos here.

Outstanding! I look forward to your comments. I hope they are there and have one available.

Morris
07-22-2010, 12:08
Sorry all. Just got back. TOPS was a complete no show.