ND 3 anyone use it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ND 3 anyone use it?

coachl
07-11-2010, 18:02
I am considering this light and a good quality scope for night hunting hogs or might go with night vision scope . I have a just gotten a Wilson Combat 6.8 and do not know if this light will scare them off. Anyone have any experience with the light?

EL COLONEL
07-19-2010, 20:45
I also want to know if anybody has this light / pros , cons ??

noway
07-19-2010, 22:49
I can tell you this from experience, the greenlight from the ND3s don't spook animals. In fact deer will stand still and look at it shining upon themselves.
I've used the light when traveling the typical 1-3 miles into wilderness and it works except in fog and light rai, but then most lights fail in these 2 environments.

In helps if you spotting game at night or tracking animals, it also helps to have someone else hold the light and the way it directed back to eyes. I never used it with scopes ( would be illegal in my area to night hunt ), but I've walk or stumbled on to animals that was unaware of present till it wad meer yards or spitting distance. I even ran into a deer ( fawn ) at night will biling into my ground blind.

One thing with green light, it provides more visible light than red light. The waters I found no real advantage over other artificial light sources btw.