New trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New trigger

rmeron
07-13-2010, 04:10
JR, I just ordered a smooth trigger from LW,I'm going to remove the trigger from the bar and put it on my 30,my question is how does the pin that holds it to the bar come out,left to right or right to left.

JR
07-13-2010, 13:48
The pin in the trigger shoe is "blind". It is installed that way direct from the factory to prohibit removal. This means you will damage the trigger shoe removing it.
The good news is: You do not have to remove the trigger shoe to get a smooth/serrated trigger. If you own a G30 (serrated), simply replace the trigger bar with the G21 (smooth) part number GLO-4417 http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=glo-4417

rmeron
07-14-2010, 05:47
JR, That's what I ordered form you,I thought the trigger itself was removable.I'm comfortable with removing the trigger group from the frame but I don't know how to put in a new trigger bar.
Any info would be appreciated.

JR
07-14-2010, 11:02
Hold the trigger housing in your left hand. Pull the trigger bar forward and twist. You will notice the cruciform tips out of the trigger housing. Lift the trigger bar up, you will notice the trigger spring is the only thing holding the trigger bar to the trigger housing. Pay attention to the way the trigger spring is attached to these two pieces. It is in the "S" configuration. Remove the spring from the parts and install the new trigger bar.

Anybody can do this once they have been told or seen it done. Get all the confidence you ever need right here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186&TERM=boo-

rmeron
07-14-2010, 12:51
Thanks JR, I already have that book but sometimes things still aren't clear.

JR
07-14-2010, 14:28
When we wrote the book we gave the details to students that had "0" gun experience. We re-wrote the instructions several times making it as easy to understand as possible.
I hope the explanation helps?

rmeron
07-16-2010, 12:42
I received my new trigger today,took 10 minutes to disassembly the receiver,install the new trigger and reassemble.
Thanks JR for your help

JR
07-16-2010, 12:56
Another job well done by factory trained mechanics!