Front site question on my G-31 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Front site question on my G-31

jjmoberg
07-13-2010, 09:36
I have an older (2002) G31 that has a staked on front site from what I can tell. My wifes new G32 has a screw on front site. My front site has been slightly damaged at some point over the years and is a bit loose and got nicked up at one of the top corners. I can just order a new screw on polymer or steel Glock front sight and pull the old one out with a pair of pliers, correct? No issues putting a new screw on site on an older stake on platform?

I recently put an Glock adjustable rear sight on this gun and would like to get the front site fixed as well.

I have the nutdriver from Glockmeister for the front site. The Glockmeister rear sight tool seems to be built like a tank for the record!! Took all of 2 minutes to replace that rear sight!

Thanks,

Jeremy

Wash-ar15
07-13-2010, 10:07
if it is loose you can just peen it from the inside with a punch. Or pop it out and a screw on one will fit perfect.

jjmoberg
07-13-2010, 10:24
I thought so!! Thanks!!

Wash-ar15
07-13-2010, 10:52
Ameriglo has lumidots front site on sale now. I would get that instead of the glock steel site

jjmoberg
07-13-2010, 15:11
I ordered the regular, Glock, screw on, polymer front sight. The steel sight was on backorder several places I looked. The gun is my night stand gun and has a GTL21 light/laser on it. I thought about a Tritium or fiber sight, but just wanted to get something that was the same height and width as the factory white dot.