Grizzly Cartridge Co. Ammo Available [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Cartridge Co. Ammo Available

07 LMB Z06
07-13-2010, 12:11
Just updating everybody on the GCC ammo that has been brought up once or twice in the past. I was having trouble loading the pages for the 10mm ammo on Midway's site so I emailed them and asked for an update.

They emailed me back right away and told me they have these two loadings currently available from Grizzly Cartridge Co. Not sure if it's bringing anything new to the table, but I just figured I'd let everyone know there's another option now available.

180gr: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=119057

155gr: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=685478

cheez
07-13-2010, 16:41
Mighty spendy stuff right there considering DT is only $10 more for 2-1/2 times the ammo.

Kegs
07-13-2010, 18:34
Nothing that is sold on the commercial market is as cheap or as powerful as what we can roll ourselves, but these types of mfgrs. do come in handy from time. :cool:

07 LMB Z06
07-14-2010, 00:18
Mighty spendy stuff right there considering DT is only $10 more for 2-1/2 times the ammo.

That's a very good point...

Anybody have any idea what type of hollow point they're using? Is it a proprietary design, or are they XTP's or some other known hollow point ammo?

I'm a little disappointed. From the small amount of info. I was able to find online prior to Midway actually having these for sale, I was under the impression that they were going to be the hollow point design like the .50 GI bullet: all copper with four large, very sharp petals; instead we get the standard six-petal design.

I would love for someone to make a hollow point for 10mm like the one below. It is nasty lookin'.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/crahockey11/balistics4.jpg

flyandscuba
07-14-2010, 04:43
They're marketing those JHPs as "great bear stopping rounds"... Yeah....riiiight...

I'll take WFNGC Hardcast and still put prayers behind every shot if I'm defending against a bear!

cwb
07-14-2010, 11:17
Whoa. My buddy sells full boat stuff for like 40ish a HUNDRED. I'll never understand how these guys charge that much.

cheez
07-14-2010, 15:57
Whoa. My buddy sells full boat stuff for like 40ish a HUNDRED. I'll never understand how these guys charge that much.

'Cause there are folks who will pay it. :wow:

agtman
07-15-2010, 11:17

Ditto this ... plus, do they offer free shipping?

Also, what's the fps/fpe specs on these loads?

Are they offering legit high-performance loads? Or only warm-but-passably mid-rangish? Or, God-forbid, merely Brokeback Mountaineer wrist-friendly fodder. Sounds very pricey ...

07 LMB Z06
07-16-2010, 00:23
Ditto this ... plus, do they offer free shipping?

Also, what's the fps/fpe specs on these loads?

Are they offering legit high-performance loads? Or only warm-but-passably mid-rangish? Or, God-forbid, merely Brokeback Mountaineer wrist-friendly fodder. Sounds very pricey ...

:supergrin: Nice.

From the pictures of the boxes on Midway's site, it looks like the 180gr is 1350 fps and the 155gr is 1400 fps. Nothing, power-wise, that isn't already available. I'm assuming the 180gr is going to feel like Buffalo Bore's 180gr.

I'll ask again in case the question was missed: does anyone know exactly which hollow point Grizzly is using? Is that an XTP, a proprietary design, or something else?

As others have said, this stuff is quite pricey. I wonder if Buffalo Bore is back to using Gold Dots instead of Montana Gold...

agtman
07-17-2010, 18:41

From the pictures of the boxes on Midway's site, it looks like the 180gr is 1350 fps and the 155gr is 1400 fps. Nothing, power-wise, that isn't already available. I'm assuming the 180gr is going to feel like Buffalo Bore's 180gr.

I'll ask again in case the question was missed: does anyone know exactly which hollow point Grizzly is using? Is that an XTP, a proprietary design, or something else?
As others have said, this stuff is quite pricey. I wonder if Buffalo Bore is back to using Gold Dots instead of Montana Gold...

Great. :cool:

For the benefit of the serious 10mm shooters in this group, I'm just trying to find/identify real examples of factory 10mm ammo that aren't WAY2GHEY, .40-duplicating/Brokeback Mountineer loads. :whistling:

Still, for what you're getting it's seems pricey.

:cool:

aptrpl6
07-18-2010, 21:05
check out www.swampfoxgunworks.com

agtman
07-19-2010, 17:13
check out www.swampfoxgunworks.com

Thanks for the link.

I'm liking his 200gn loads @ 1260fps using Hornady's XTP HP and FMJ-FP, both of which were among the early projectiles designed for real 10mm velocities. 50-rd boxes @ $42 per bx, plus shipping.

Better still, the guy explicitly warns off Brokeback Mountaineers that his ammo is: "NOT LOW POWER LOADS meant to satisfy the .40cal shooter." :shocked:

Translated: "Don't step up, if you can't man-up." :rofl:

cheez
07-19-2010, 19:51
Thanks for the link.

I'm liking his 200gn loads @ 1260fps using Hornady's XTP HP and FMJ-FP, both of which were among the early projectiles designed for real 10mm velocities. 50-rd boxes @ $42 per bx, plus shipping.

Better still, the guy explicitly warns off Brokeback Mountaineers that his ammo is: "NOT LOW POWER LOADS meant to satisfy the .40cal shooter." :shocked:

Translated: "Don't step up, if you can't man-up." :rofl:

Yup I took it as " if you can't run with the big dogs" comment. I like it and will be trying some of the big XTP rounds

aptrpl6
07-21-2010, 18:20
Yup I took it as " if you can't run with the big dogs" comment. I like it and will be trying some of the big XTP rounds
I just received 50 of the 200gr XTP's. I haven't been to the range yet, but I'll post results as soon as I do. Also, this guy is hard to beat as far as customer service goes.

cheez
07-21-2010, 19:22
I just received 50 of the 200gr XTP's. I haven't been to the range yet, but I'll post results as soon as I do. Also, this guy is hard to beat as far as customer service goes.

Looking forward to seeing some range results. I have invested quite a bit in the watered down UMC loads to practice with. As well as a couple boxes of Double Tap 180 Gr controled expansion. I have loved the XTP bullet for years in some other calibers so the 200 Gr is tempting to me for hunting.

Taterhead
07-21-2010, 22:57

They look exactly like XTPs to me for both the 180 and 155 grainers.

agtman
07-23-2010, 05:04

Yes, please let us know how they shoot. Always interested in learning about more options among the 10mm ammo-makers. :cool:

Grrrr
07-24-2010, 00:39
absolutely right......mike's customer service is OUTSTANDING. i have shot his 180 gr GD, 155 gr XTP, and 200 gr XTP. i just got 100 rds of his wsthp but havent had a chance to try them out yet. his rounds are definately not weak loads. i have shot all of the loads through both my g20 and g29. my favorites are the 200 gr XTP. they pack quite a thump from my g29.

sgtbones
08-14-2010, 16:12

not yet ordered some mid july, they still have that MG crap.

07 LMB Z06
08-20-2010, 01:23
not yet ordered some mid july, they still have that MG crap.

Bummer, but thanks for letting me know.

MalumProhibitum
08-20-2010, 12:22

Still haven't shot it? :whistling: