Question for Mac users [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mac users

keeper85
07-13-2010, 13:47
I am considering a Mac very strongly. I had one in the early 90s and loved it, have spent several hours in the Apple store and found I really like the operating system better.

So my question. I have I tunes on my windows machine along with an Ipod.
I have approximately 1400 songs some purchased from Apple, and many from CDs.

Would there be a way to transfer the songs from the Ipod to the Mac?

Thanks for any assistance

Dean22
07-13-2010, 13:51
I am considering a Mac very strongly. I had one in the early 90s and loved it, have spent several hours in the Apple store and found I really like the operating system better.

Macs aren't like they were in the 90's I loved them then, and hate them now. My wife has one and it was the biggest waste of money We've spent in a long time. You can't transfer it using your ipod, but you should be able to get them over there with an external hard drive or burning them on cds/dvds.

1 old 0311
07-13-2010, 14:02
I bought my first one a year ago. I have to call them once a week with a problem. I wouldn't do it again.:steamed:

Hunca Munca
07-13-2010, 14:46

There are a bunch of 3rd party software suites out there that will do it.

Just google "ipod transfer to mac"

Or you can use an external hard drive . Copy your Itunes music to the external drive and then copy it onto your Mac.

Bello
07-13-2010, 15:03
i have a mac and dont have any problems with it i custom built it on the site and was sent within the month best 4k i ever spent on a computer well laptop apple macbook pro anyways i love macs i will never go back to windows

Dean22
07-13-2010, 15:19
i have a mac and dont have any problems with it i custom built it on the site and was sent within the month best 4k i ever spent on a computer well laptop apple macbook pro anyways i love macs i will never go back to windows

Good lord!!!!!!! 4k on a laptop?!?!? I bet you could've bought two alienware laptops that were faster and had better customer service.

Bello
07-13-2010, 17:00
lol ya i spent 4 grand on this laptop.. and alienware is garbage in all truths be told since fail dell took em over and apple has the greatest customer service imho where are u all goin? they help me faster then i can say the sentance

Dean22
07-13-2010, 17:11
lol ya i spent 4 grand on this laptop.. and alienware is garbage in all truths be told since fail dell took em over and apple has the greatest customer service imho where are u all goin? they help me faster then i can say the sentance

Weird. I had to replace my wife's MacBook pro screen after less than a year. It took a total of 2 hours of waiting around time even after setting up an appointment before hand. Then they kept it for 7 days after I had to come back when they received the part. Real great customer service. Oh and the two times I had to call in and figure out what was going on I spent 45 mins on the phone each. If that's great customer service I don't want to know what's bad...

stooxie
07-14-2010, 18:54
Where's the DPMS haters while we're at it?!

-Stooxie

bkflyer
07-14-2010, 21:03
The answer to you question is yes you can transfer movies tunes anything into you Mac from your Ipod. Just go to I tunes and it is idiot proof.

arodgers
07-15-2010, 17:08
I love my MacBook Pro. The only thing I regret is that I waited so long to get it. I don't think there's an operating system produced in the last 15 years that I haven't used, and I still prefer OS-X. As for the person who says they call them every week... ever tried Google? I've never met a problem I couldn't fix with a quick search, be it computer, gun, or auto related.

Dean22
07-15-2010, 17:14
I love my MacBook Pro. The only thing I regret is that I waited so long to get it. I don't think there's an operating system produced in the last 15 years that I haven't used, and I still prefer OS-X. As for the person who says they call them every week... ever tried Google? I've never met a problem I couldn't fix with a quick search, be it computer, gun, or auto related.

Maybe he had hardware related problems?

AmericanGunWorks
07-17-2010, 13:34
I have switched to Mac when they switched to Intel.. Best computing move I've ever made in my life. I'm typing this on a 24" imac right now actually.

To move your library you should be able to do the following (from memory so check my steps)

Format an external HD with Fat32 (mac can read and write FAT32)
Then use itunes' library backup feature and specify the ext. hd as the place to do it. OR
If the win. version is like the mac you can change your library location to the ext. drive and then just use the consolidate library function and it'll copy everything over to the ext.

Then you basically go to the mac and point the library to the ext drive and do the same thing to make it copy it to your mac hd.

But really what I did and do is just copy all my music etc onto a HD.
Then copy that to the mac and reimport on the mac's itunes. The only down side to this is that you lose all your play counts etc becuase you aren't copying the XML data.

I believe if you bring your PC in with you Apple stores will do this all for you.

You won't regret getting a mac.

EDIT: you could just google it do this http://lifehacker.com/242468/geek-to-live--how-to-move-an-itunes-library-from-a-pc-to-mac-and-back

Bello
07-18-2010, 17:10
glad i had fellow mac lovers with me

costanza187
07-20-2010, 11:12
nevermind

TBO
07-20-2010, 11:40
Where's the DPMS haters while we're at it?!

-Stooxie
http://www.discountgunsales.com/images/P/LR308%20AP4.jpg
<-----loves his DPMS .308 AP4

stooxie
07-20-2010, 13:28
http://www.discountgunsales.com/images/P/LR308%20AP4.jpg
<-----loves his DPMS .308 AP4

I love mine, too! (18" Bull barrel being threaded by Tornado as we speak)

And my MacBook Pro!!!!

:thumbsup:

-Stooxie