camera chip question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : camera chip question

wallyglock
07-14-2010, 04:16
just curious .... the chip that came with my camera is a 16m , apprx. how may pics can this hold ?:dunno:

have a 2mg chip that is in the camera but never used the little one

JimmyN
07-14-2010, 05:35
I don't know how to compare a 16 meter chip to a 2 milligram chip, one is size the other is weight.

Seriously though, reading between the lines I assume you have a 16meg chip, and a 2gig chip. How many images you can get on the 16meg will be determined by your quality setting. If you choose TIFF probably only two, maybe three images depending on how many megapixels the camera is. High quality jpg maybe a dozen or more, low quality jpg you might get twenty or so.

When the chip is in place changing the quality level setting should show on the display how many pictures you can put on it at that quality setting.

Sgt. Schultz
07-14-2010, 07:30
just curious .... the chip that came with my camera is a 16m , apprx. how may pics can this hold ?:dunno:

have a 2mg chip that is in the camera but never used the little one

Most digital cameras have a count down meter that tells you exactly how many pictures you can take before the memory card fills up, if you adjust the quality settings of the pictures this number will change with it.

wallyglock
07-14-2010, 07:42
i didnt know my camera would do all that stuff !

not a camera bug as you can tell but it is a cannon 550 power shot takes a really good picture but might trade up a bit someday to one that has a anti-shake feature on it .

Sgt. Schultz
07-14-2010, 09:42
If you check the manual (or Canon's website) they will list the average number of pictures and/or movies that you can get on different size memory cards. Also if you haven't already done so get some NiMH rechargeable batteries.

GIockGuy24
07-14-2010, 10:57
Is it this one?
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/powershot_a_series/powershot_a550

wallyglock
07-14-2010, 12:33
sarge, i did get a nice chargwer and top of line duracell batts at office depot for my little camera. had a wal-mart junk charger at first and got rid of it and this other stuff works really good.

guy24 ... that sure DOES look like my camera. i have always had cannons and wouldget an other one.