HPRAmmo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HPRAmmo

mervstump
07-14-2010, 08:56
You may recall that about 3 months ago, with a lot of hype, a new totally American company named HPR introduced itself and offered the opportunity to win a box of their new "quality" ammunition. I was excited by a totally American manufacturer of anything and entered the contest. I won; and received my ammo about a month ago. My first disappointment was that it was re-manufactured using a variety of brass - WIN, PPU, F.C., SPEER and a couple of others which I couldn't read. In fairness, they had never claimed that it would be new, but none-the-less it appeared inconsistent and I was disappointed. In any event I loaded 10 cartridges into the magazine and prepared to fire. For the first time ever, my Glock failed to feed. Not only did it fail to feed, but it jammed and then fired as I struggled to free the jam. Fortunately I kept the gun pointed down range as I worked on it so no harm was done. (For the record this is a G17 about 6 months old which has had about 600 rounds fired through it.)

I make every effort to buy American and I appreciate the fact that HPR places great emphasis on being all American, but this is unacceptable. I hope they get their act together. Merv

BadAndy
07-14-2010, 10:40
Not only did it fail to feed, but it jammed and then fired as I struggled to free the jam.

I hope you aren't blaming the ammo for that......