Burris Fastfire II [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fastfire II

anarcho
07-18-2010, 17:45
Having good luck with this sight. I'm getting old and I can't see the front sight as well as I used to. The Fastfire was the cure. The target below was shot at 50 feet. I'm curious about the longevity of this sight. Anyone here own one?

http://doctorlumiere.smugmug.com/photos/937831151_sRqsD-M.jpg

Cambo
07-18-2010, 17:54
Thanks for posting this, I have been thinking about getting one for one of my Glocks.

anarcho
07-18-2010, 18:45
Thanks for posting this, I have been thinking about getting one for one of my Glocks.

They're good for the money ($160 + $40 for the mounting plate).

LSP972
08-21-2010, 19:19

Its a bit large for a medium frame Glock (17, 19, etc.). I have two, one on a BushMaster carbine, and the other on a 1911A1 bullseye pistol.

Better for a Glock, I think, is the Docter/JPoint optics. These are noticeably smaller than the FastFire. I have the Trijicon version inletted into a G19 slide, and it is amazingly compact (and VERY "carryable" concealed). I also have a JPoint on an Advantage Arms .22 conversion, using the mount that slides into the existing dovetail. When you're talking about these dovetail mounts, every millimeter above the bore line complicates your utilization.

That said... a FastFire would probably do just fine on a G20 or G21, without looking gawky. However, I find the dots on the JPoint/Trijicon clone MUCH sharper and easier to use than the FastFire.

If size is not an issue, then go with the new optic out by Trijicon (I think; cannot remember the nomenclature); RMI or something like that. This one alledgely solves the big issue with holographic sights- lack of solid, repeatable windage/elevation adjustments.

Steel Head
08-21-2010, 19:38
I have one on a 22A S&W-I like it
I wish it had manual brightness controls-that's my only gripe

gumby223
08-24-2010, 07:42
They're good for the money ($160 + $40 for the mounting plate).

Where can I find that price? I've been looking around but can't find it that cheap. Cheapest I've found so far is Optics Planet for 200/41.

Thanks,
Brandon (gumby223)

bentbiker
08-24-2010, 11:02
If size is not an issue, then go with the new optic out by Trijicon (I think; cannot remember the nomenclature); RMI or something like that. This one alledgely solves the big issue with holographic sights- lack of solid, repeatable windage/elevation adjustments.
The new Trijicon optic is the Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (RMR), but the long delayed Glock mount has still not been released. They have promised that the mount will be out by the end of this month, but who knows. The RMR is pricey, but it does have a lifetime warranty.

DannyR
08-24-2010, 12:46
One might be referring to the costly C-More STI dot.

JN01
08-24-2010, 17:00
Where can I find that price? I've been looking around but can't find it that cheap. Cheapest I've found so far is Optics Planet for 200/41.

Thanks,
Brandon (gumby223)

I found one for $182+ $8 for a Picatinny mount, free shipping. http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/burris-fastfire-red-dot-reflex-sight-4-moa-dot-reticle.html I'm picking one up mainly to mount on my AA .22 conversion kit (and also use it on some Ruger .22s with the rail mounting) as a cheaper training aid to my Trijicon RMR mounted Glocks. I believe if you want the best for a carry gun, the RMR is the way to go, but for training purposes, the Burris is WAY cheaper and adequate.

HAMMERHEAD
08-24-2010, 17:59
The Fastfire mount for Glocks only fits small frame Glocks, not the 20, 21, 29, etc... despite what the product description says.