generation 4 G22 guide rod issues [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : generation 4 G22 guide rod issues

99gsspyder
07-19-2010, 12:06
I recently purchased a Gen4 G22 and I am having issues with the guide rod. When taking the pistol down for cleaning the guide rod end will often be wedged on the end of the slide, almost as if the guide rod end is too large to fit correctly through its opening. Just wandering if anyone else is having or has heard of this problem. Will be posting pics and they will be crappy quality but hopefully you will be able to see the differences in the gaps around the tip of the guide rod.

http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/99gsspyder/

ok sorry couldnt get the pics on the post for some reason but check them out on the link above

JR
07-19-2010, 17:34
The end of the recoil spring (tip) is sliding over the guide rod cap. During recoil it is getting wedged between the guide rod cap and the slide "ring hole".
The gun should function and perform without a hitch. This is only a problem when you take down the gun.

99gsspyder
07-19-2010, 22:58
yeah it does function fine, but this problem makes the easy to break down Glock a pain to take down. Do you think it is a problem with gen4's in general or possibly just mine?

JR
07-19-2010, 23:11
Its a spring issue. GI is working on it..... so are the aftermarket guys!