LB PII 9mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LB PII 9mm

venenoindy
07-19-2010, 17:46
I'm looking to get LB PII in 9mm (yes 9mm) and done some research and seems like some had issues, how is the CS?. Should I look at an other brand, this would be my first high end 1911.

venenoindy
07-19-2010, 17:52
I forgot to mention that was quoted $2000.00 including shipping, how good of a price is that?

Trey83
07-19-2010, 17:54
I am seriously considering a LB PII for my first semi custom. I have not heard a bad word about the PII but I haven't been researching the 9mm variant.

remat
07-19-2010, 22:46
When I was looking at some of the options LB's CS rated very highly. According to my local shop which stocks a number of custom 1911's also had no complaint with them (which is not true of some of the custom brands).

Rinspeed
07-20-2010, 10:40
I'm not sure about a 9mm but I don't think the .45 PII is much over $1800. John at Proload might even have one on the shelf.

Ruggles
07-20-2010, 10:47
Baer seems to charge a higher premium for 9mm & .38 Super than the other makers. As for Baer Customer service I have read both bad and good with the good leading the pack. As for customer service overall I would think this is a fair breakdown:

1. Wilson
2. Nighthawk
3. Baer & Brown (Tied)

I could be wrong but this is what I have picked up on. I have owned Baers, Browns and Wilson but never had to use the customer service so I can not say for sure. I can say that calling Wilson with some questions about their product was a great experience and they really are polite and helpful.

BlayGlock
07-20-2010, 11:44
Go through John at Pro Load. Even if Les Baer gives you crap, John will take care of anything for you. I doubt Les will be a problem however. It is not like he is Ed Brown.

Rinspeed
07-20-2010, 11:54
It is not like he is Ed Brown.

Ouch. :whistling:

Quack
07-20-2010, 12:24
Just say NO!!! :tongueout:

Hokie1911
07-20-2010, 12:30
It is not like he is Ed Brown.

Ummmm, what's wrong with Ed?

remat
07-20-2010, 13:29
Baer seems to charge a higher premium for 9mm & .38 Super than the other makers. As for Baer Customer service I have read both bad and good with the good leading the pack. As for customer service overall I would think this is a fair breakdown:

1. Wilson
2. Nighthawk
3. Baer & Brown (Tied)

I could be wrong but this is what I have picked up on. I have owned Baers, Browns and Wilson but never had to use the customer service so I can not say for sure. I can say that calling Wilson with some questions about their product was a great experience and they really are polite and helpful.

I would agree with Wilson, but call Nighthawk and ask them about their "bench fee." They are not so friendly about it. If you send a NH in make sure that the problem is immediately and repeatedly able to duplicate.
Not so with Wilson.

remat
07-20-2010, 13:37
I doubt Les will be a problem however. It is not like he is Ed Brown.

Have heard similar from a couple of people. To the op find a dealer who carries them and ask them.

I was at my local dealer when a customer refused a Brown because the bottom of the bobtail grips were unfinished. The dealer called Brown who was not very "friendly." They accused the dealer of swapping the grips out!

The pistol was however beautiful. Almost a work of art aesthetically, whereas the LB's are not so much. They lean towards practical/function. Depends on what you are looking for.

BubbaShoots
07-20-2010, 16:12
I urge you to consider Wilson. Their 9mm's are first-rate and their customer service is second to none.

postman10mm
07-20-2010, 16:58
I own five Baers and one Wilson. Clearly, I am predisposed to Baers. However, from everything I have read, Baer has not ironed out the kinks in his 9mm offering.

If for some ungodly reason I was considering a 9mm 1911, I would look to Wilson before Baer. And I would look to STI long before coughing up the coin for a Wilson.

Hokie1911
07-20-2010, 17:01
I own five Baers and one Wilson. Clearly, I am predisposed to Baers. However, from everything I have read, Baer has not ironed out the kinks in his 9mm offering.

If for some ungodly reason I was considering a 9mm 1911, I would look to Wilson before Baer. And I would look to STI long before coughing up the coin for a Wilson.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

...or a DW Guardian. If you can find one.

gconan
07-20-2010, 17:46
I paid more for my P2 9mm (w/magwell), so that is a good price! I could not be happier with mine. It is a lot of fun. If I ever see another one I will swing a deal for it then I would have two 9mm P2's.