Serrations for an OTF EDC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Serrations for an OTF EDC

DrtyHarry
07-19-2010, 17:48
I am looking to purchase a new OTF from Microtech, the Scarab. I'm not looking for a beauty queen, I'm looking to use it for EDC. I like the tactical versions because they come with black clips and hardware (and I always wear black jeans, thus concealing better).

So my question to you is this. For EDC, more so for self defense purposes, would you rather carry a double sided blade that has one side plain edge, and the other side fully serrated? OR....would you rather have a half serrated blade on each side?

I'm torn between the two. If I had the funds, I would pick them both up....but it's one I have to pick. Any input you might have for me would be greatly appreciated. Also, do you know why the plain edge versions cost more than the serrated ones?

Thanks in advance!

Harry

(Emerson, when I sent you that PM I couldn't post or start threads here for some reason.)

Ernest Emerson
07-22-2010, 11:11
Dear Harry,

I always prefer a partially serrated blade. I would get one edge plain all the way and one edge partial serrations. In an emergency you will need the serrations. I don't know anything about Microtech pricing.

Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson