Questions about Remington 870 bolts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Remington 870 bolts

sambeaux2249
07-20-2010, 23:44
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether all newly available 870 bolts are flexi-tab compatible? I'm sure they are, but I want some reassurance before I shell out the money for one. I've been avoiding upgrading one of my old 870's to flexi-tab because the bolt included with the conversion is ?parkerized? and I love the look of the chrome bolt in that shotgun. Specifically, I'm looking at this unit at Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=574280

JD, if you're around, I'd love to hear your input on this. I just missed your auction on Gunbroker for a chrome bolt.

Sam

sambeaux2249
07-21-2010, 22:10
Nobody?

aippi
07-21-2010, 22:17
they are not parkerized they are the matte finish the Police breech bolt and even come with a solid steel extractor. I have both kits, the matte and the chrome and I get them from Remington parts list so I don't know why you are having an issue finding the chrome one. The chrome kit is part number F93340 but it is listed as Police Restricted. I am not sure that even matters any longer so call Remington and give them that part number and see.

sambeaux2249
07-21-2010, 22:56
Thanks JD... I already have the flexi-tab kit, so I was just looking for a chromed bolt that's compatible. I'd hate to buy a whole new kit. Thanks.

Sam