mga fafa,
Ano ba gamot sa mange? I think nahawa jejedog ko or na allergy sa dog food
Kung mange, how do you treat it?

Chie
07-21-2010, 09:54
mga fafa,

Si Gundog dapat sumagot question mo. Bat wala BOG shoot papi? Kaw pa naman gusto ko makita pumutok!

Allegra
07-21-2010, 10:08
Walang PTT fafa , I dont think anyone sa gun club namin has a ptt kaya our range is still closed
Naka wlang gana nga yan PTT na yan
bawi nalang ako sa sunsod na shoot

cebuboy
07-21-2010, 10:16
Try Ectodex, did fix a mangy collie.

gundog
07-21-2010, 10:50
mga fafa,

ectodex, demadex or anything that has amitraz content. cheapest is ectodex at mahusay. mix 5ml ectodex to 1 liter water and mix. bath ur dog and then rub the ectodex with a sponge. use a batya to catch the spill so u can reuse it. do this mga 3xs. repeat 1x a week for 4-6 wks. make sure dog doesnt lick himself clean and do not wash off the medicine. let it dry by just letting the dog loose.
change dogfud to lamb and rice to reduce chance of allergy. pag leftover pakain mo make sure wala bacon, ham or dried fish.

good luck pards

Wp.22
07-21-2010, 15:37
ectodex, demadex or anything that has amitraz content. cheapest is ectodex at mahusay. mix 5ml ectodex to 1 liter water and mix. bath ur dog and then rub the ectodex with a sponge. use a batya to catch the spill so u can reuse it. do this mga 3xs. repeat 1x a week for 4-6 wks. make sure dog doesnt lick himself clean and do not wash off the medicine. let it dry by just letting the dog loose.
change dogfud to lamb and rice to reduce chance of allergy. pag leftover pakain mo make sure wala bacon, ham or dried fish.

good luck pards

di ka ba sisinhil ng PF doctor gundog

PMMA97
07-21-2010, 16:17
+1 on Amitraz.

Lagyan mo ng elizabethan collar para di niya kainin sarili nya sa kati at para matawa pa mga kapitbahay mo.

Kapag wa epek pa din...kargahan mo ng Ivermectin at baka parasites ang cause and hindi allergy. Tepok pati intestinal worms nya.

gundog
07-21-2010, 17:13
+1 on Amitraz.

Lagyan mo ng elizabethan collar para di niya kainin sarili nya sa kati at para matawa pa mga kapitbahay mo.

Kapag wa epek pa din...kargahan mo ng Ivermectin at baka parasites ang cause and hindi allergy. Tepok pati intestinal worms nya.

not good ivermectin. thats for cattle and swine. frequent use of that prod causes liver damage that leads to a quick demise:crying:

PMMA97
07-21-2010, 17:23
Yep beef and pork ang primary patients ng Ivermectin.
But when mange devastated my kennel it was the miracle drug that cured my GSDs.

I lost Labradors due to mange infestation. I had to euthanize most of them kasi nakakaawa na.

For small jejedogs better be careful with dosage or it could end up jejedead.

Allegra
07-21-2010, 18:18
Thanks guys! Will do
I'm thinking ispray ko nalang yung solution

i_am_infinity
07-21-2010, 18:26
had to make my Lab go to sleep a year ago. started out with kidney failure and then Mange and then immune deficiency ng antibodies kaya nagka mange. with 1 lab left i'm keeping away from dog food...un kasi sabi nung vet.

jasonub
07-21-2010, 19:41
what dog food is bad???/

gundog
07-21-2010, 23:52
what dog food is bad???/

all dog food are good. just dont go overboard in protein content. leads to kidney and liver failure in the long run. younger dogs can afford higher protein content, older dogs should get reduced protein content. parang tao din.:yawn:

Wp.22
07-22-2010, 03:49
can we buy those meds sa drugstore like mercury or south star or sa dog city and the likes?

jasonub
07-22-2010, 04:58
Thanks Joji,

Doberman ko ha :)

Duckman1975
07-22-2010, 05:25
Ivermectin for Dog as long as given in the right dosage and given by a vet is not bad at all. It treats parasite on the skin and most round worms (Not effective on tapeworms). Not to be given to dogs less than 3 months old.
Danger with Ivermectin is that its dosage is so low people who self medicate don't give the right dose this also show that Ivermectin is relatively safe animal does not die immidiately when overdose toxicity is only achived in multiple overdosing.

Chie
07-22-2010, 05:49
Thanks Joji,

Doberman ko ha :)

Jie, bigyan mo nga ng Basenji si Jason :devilish:

PMMA97
07-22-2010, 07:20
can we buy those meds sa drugstore like mercury or south star or sa dog city and the likes?

Sa poultry,swine,cattle feeds/vet supply shops meron.

Sa petshops jacked up by up to 100% ang presyo.

i_am_infinity
07-22-2010, 08:44
all dog food are good. just dont go overboard in protein content. leads to kidney and liver failure in the long run. younger dogs can afford higher protein content, older dogs should get reduced protein content. parang tao din.:yawn:

+1 sir Joji!

gundog
07-22-2010, 09:37
any vet in the USA caught using ivermectin on dogs stand the chance of losing their license. very specific sa bottle for cattle and swine only. it is being used here kc malaki ang kinikita ng vets. one bottle is less than 1k but the profit may well reach the amount of 20k. it does the job but at the expense of the animal.

Allegra
07-22-2010, 12:13

So do I add rice to lessen the protein content?

PMMA97
07-22-2010, 16:03
There are Indian (Cipla) ,German (Sonsbeck) and French made Ivermectin brands that includes camel, buffaloes, sheeps, goats and dogs in their list.

Ivermectin is indeed a lethal drug without vet.

But a misapplication of an Amitraz solution/product can lead to death of an animal also.
I sprayed a higher concentration of amitraz solution to my full grown 30+lbs. GSD and she collapsed in a faint like state for about 30 minutes. The medicine must have entered her bloodstream through various wounds that the mange has caused.

Some dog owners use those shampoos used for fighting cocks against mange and have positive results.

Duckman1975
07-22-2010, 16:36
I know there is an oral preparation of ivermectin for dogs and cats. Its also good for controlling heart worms which dogs are infected through mosquito bites, infected animals are carriers. Very endemic in some places in the Philippines, very hard, expensive and potentially dangerous treatment.

Don't know about ivermectin being band in the States on Dogs and Cats, will research thanks for the info.