Rechamber T/C Contender Barrel -> 10mm mag ??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rechamber T/C Contender Barrel -> 10mm mag ???

Cam Cooke
07-21-2010, 11:21
I have an 18.5" T/C Contender carbine barrel in 10mm (this is the barrel posted in the carbine velocity sticky) I have been thinking of rechambering the barrel to 10mm mag.

I have already asked this on another forum but thought I would ask the 10mm experts here as well.

I understand that the 10mm head spaces onto the rim of the brass and the potential issues with shooting a shorter case but I am interested in others thoughts/experiences on if it would be safe to still shoot 10mm in this barrel once it is rechambered.

I feel that the extractor is large enough to hold the brass in place and the worst case would be that the round pushes forward into the chamber being a single shot this wouldn't be an issue.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

_The_Shadow
07-21-2010, 23:37
Cam Cooke, the simple thing would be a barrel for each as I stated over on the other site. This based on the fact you still want the use of the 10mm cartridge as well.

You could do a test by shooting a 40S&W from the barrel to investigate if the therory works like you invisioned. But you may see where bullet material will shave off as the round passes the end of the chamber...if that happens it would distroy the accuracy of the shorter rounds in the longer chamber if you follow what I am saying!

Best regards!