Central TX shooters please Chime in. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Central TX shooters please Chime in.

Quiet Confidence
07-21-2010, 17:21
I live in the Austin area and I am looking for a tactical pistol course. I have found two facilities that look appealing: TacPro and Tiger Valley. Has anyone attended any of these facilities/courses and have any feedback or know of a better facility?

PhoneCop
07-21-2010, 23:27
I live in the Austin area and I am looking for a tactical pistol course. I have found two facilities that look appealing: TacPro and Tiger Valley. Has anyone attended any of these facilities/courses and have any feedback or know of a better facility?

I have heard good things about KR Training. I don't work for them, and not related to anyone there. Just heard good things. Give me a day or two and I can ask a few shooters from the Austin area to provide insight.

Quiet Confidence
07-22-2010, 05:46
PhoneCop, many thanks!!!

t-shooter
07-22-2010, 13:21
I have attended a number of courses at TacPro. My experience has been first rate. Bill Davison is an excellent instructor.

MrMurphy
07-29-2010, 17:16
Tiger Valley is excellent and he knows his stuff. TacPro is considerably further north but of the same, or better quality.

They are two of the only 600+ yard ranges in over half of Texas for long range rifle work but both know their way around pistols as well.

Trident Concepts (Jeff Gonzales, retired SEAL) operates out of Austin but travels worldwide, check his website.

ranburr1
07-30-2010, 00:20
I have taken classes at Tac Pro and Bill is good. I would also look at Paul Howe (CSAT) in Nacogdoches. Paul is a great instructor as is the above mention Jeff Gonzales.

Glenn E. Meyer
08-05-2010, 15:01
I know KRtraining very well and highly recommend them. Don't work for them either but taken lots of their courses.

I've met Jeff Gonzales and he seems quite competent. Haven't trained with him though.

Tac-pro has been on TV. Spike TV has some show Concealed Something or other. The instructors seem reasonable. The first guy who the show focused on was :whistling:. There are some other episodes. Maybe they are on line.