PM 9 on layaway... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PM 9 on layaway...

briang2ad
07-21-2010, 18:03
I'd pick it up now, but too busy at work.

It is in excellent condition, and has serial number IA96XX, so it is just over a year old?

I suppose that is a good thing?

Some complain of how long keltec PF9 triggers are, but the Kahr PM seems pretty long also. I picked it up based on size and quality. PF9 may be fine, but prints a little larger, and just looks and feels so much cheaper. Although, the PMs seem to have had their troubles.

Anyone here have a longevity count to verify durability of these?

Can the trigger pull length be shortened - I compared it to a P9 and it was longer - someone at the gunshops said they can be shortened to P9 length.

Is it a "premium" Kahr?

Has Kahr CS gotten better? Good?

Thanks.

mitchg233
07-21-2010, 23:49
Has Kahr CS gotten better? Good?

CS is very good. You can tell us about QC. Hope you get a good one.

lndshark
07-23-2010, 07:51
I have a PM9 with serial VC67*** which according to the SN thread here, puts its production around January 2007. I bought it used with one magazine. It was dirty and had a slight amount of rust on the slide. My first range trip resulted in surprisingly good accuracy but a few light primer strikes had me concerned. I called Kahr CS and explained the problems that I experienced. Kahr replied with an RMA number and their Fed-Ex account number so that I could ship the pistol back to them at no cost to me. Within a week I got my pistol back with a completely new slide and slide components. Kahr customer service rocks!

Since then, I've put about 500 rounds through the gun with zero issues. I have no idea what the round count was before I bought it, but I sure don't think it was babied. I can't believe how accurate this pistol is!

As for trigger pull, it may seem long at first, bit mine is super crisp and always consistent. I might be going out on a limb here, but I think the trigger feels better than my G21s. I don't have a PF9 but have shot one and currently own a P-3AT. There is no comparison between the PM9 and the PF9 as far as the trigger pull and feel is concerned, IMHO.

I think you made a good choice. Best of luck. I'm sure you'll be quite pleased with your decision. Now pick it up and go shoot it!

briang2ad
07-23-2010, 08:13
Lndshark

Thanks for the RELEVANT reply. I have been somewhat concerned because of some posts concerning the PM9 and even Kahr CS (especially on used guns). Mine should be OK - it appears to be in excellent condition.

I may do a buff of the feed ramp, and clean and rack the slide a few hundred times.

The dealer said they'll ship back for free in the first 30 days if its messed up.

I am getting itchy.

Just picked her up. I mis-characterized the condition. It is really LNIB. In fact, I showed it around in the shop, and folks think it looked unfired. All the papers are still in the unwrapped plastic. Even the Gunbroker page they bought it on was in the box. I handed it to the salesperson without looking at the price. Evidently, the owner bought it last May, then let it sit in the box, and traded it or sold it to the shop. In fact, I think one of the other salesmen looked at it funny, realizing it was spanking new. I have the first salesperson trying to find out if they ever registered it with Kahr on the web - they didn't with the card.

lwal50
07-23-2010, 16:06
I bought a used LNIB PM9 a couple of weeks ago with the same starting serial number and so far I've shot over 200 rounds with no problems at all. I was concerened about getting a good one also but this is now my carry weapon. Try shooting it and don't worry about a fluff & buff unless you need one. Good luck and let us hear how it shoots.