Laser Touch Pad (On/Off) Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Laser Touch Pad (On/Off) Question

mickdundie
07-21-2010, 18:06
I got a laser for my Bushmaster XM15 and it came with a touch pad (on/off) switch that attaches to the for-grip with a Velcro type sticky.

I cleaned the grip (the gun is brand new) with alcohol and attached the off/on switch..and it fell off after about two minutes

Should I use 'Super-Glue' ?

What type adhesive will work best?

Thanks

Mick

AZBru88
07-21-2010, 19:13
Mick try the spray glue from 3M, spray the pad, let it set for a few seconds and slap it on. Should stay put then. That way you won't get glue every where!

bentbiker
07-21-2010, 22:08
You can buy industrial strength hook and loop tape at Home Depot. It is very aggressive and sticks to anything. Substitute a piece of that for the piece in the kit. Don't use glue.

mickdundie
07-23-2010, 12:31
You can buy industrial strength hook and loop tape at Home Depot. It is very aggressive and sticks to anything. Substitute a piece of that for the piece in the kit. Don't use glue.

Took your advice. Stopped by the local Ace Hardware and picked up some.

Haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Mick

mickdundie
07-23-2010, 18:07

Like I said...found a pack of VELCRO brand INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH (I think it has 8 circles) $5.00

Cleaned the surface w/Rubbing Alcohol(which by the way is a very good all purpose gun cleaner) and the VELCRO stuck like iron! 10 X better than the crap that came with the laser.

Thanks for the advice. It says this stuff is water proof too:wow:

Mick:thumbsup: