I want one of these next year... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I want one of these next year...

bac1023
07-21-2010, 19:31
I've wanted one a while, actually, but always chose a high end model instead. Well, now that I'm done with high end/custom models, the USFA is still on my list.

I really like the look and the quality of the USFA 1911s is very high. The bluing is outstanding. I like the old style grips also. They're just different than everything else being built today.

http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/1911.asp

You just don't see them around, because production is very limited. I like the fact that there's an option for US Navy stampings. :cool:

I asked my dealer today to get me a price and check availability/time frame for one of these. They really are nicely done.

They also offer a 1910 model and a 38 Super model. I think all three are beautiful. Expensive, but from what I've seen and heard, they're worth the price. :)

http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/1910.asp

http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/super-38.asp

Road Dog
07-21-2010, 19:34
I have never seen one in person but the pics look nice. I'd like one of the 38 Supers.

RD

jrs93accord
07-21-2010, 19:42
Brian and I talked about these last night. Now, I have to think about selling two more of my ARs to buy a Commercial and Military model. These are beautiful pistols and the finishes are absolutely stunning.

ctfireman
07-21-2010, 19:43
"I've wanted one a while, actually, but always chose a high end model instead"

After reading that i thought i was gonna see a price of about $800! lol I thought $1800 was pretty high end!

rsxr22
07-21-2010, 19:44
the pictures look extremely nice! I would love to have your job BAC. Do you do much customizing on your 1911's? Or leave them pretty much stock. I was just wondering because you have such a variety of quality that i would assume you dont deal much in aftermarket parts. Also do you have a particular magazine company that you prefer and use in yours or do you stick with whatever is supplied?

glock2740
07-21-2010, 19:52
Cool looking gun.

bac1023
07-21-2010, 21:44
"I've wanted one a while, actually, but always chose a high end model instead"

After reading that i thought i was gonna see a price of about $800! lol I thought $1800 was pretty high end!

LOL!

I guess it is high end, but its not the sort of high end I was referring to. I was speaking about enhanced guns.

bac1023
07-21-2010, 21:48
the pictures look extremely nice! I would love to have your job BAC. Do you do much customizing on your 1911's? Or leave them pretty much stock. I was just wondering because you have such a variety of quality that i would assume you dont deal much in aftermarket parts. Also do you have a particular magazine company that you prefer and use in yours or do you stick with whatever is supplied?

My production 1911s are basically all stock.

As far as mags go, I like Wilson and CMC mags the best. However, all my 1911s have the stock mags in them as I type this. I carry a stock mag in my Kimber CDP.

bac1023
07-21-2010, 21:50
Brian and I talked about these last night. Now, I have to think about selling two more of my ARs to buy a Commercial and Military model. These are beautiful pistols and the finishes are absolutely stunning.

Let's wait until next year on these James. :wavey:

Why not make the two you're looking at your 59th and 60th 1911 next year? :cool: