Fellow Nerds.. What is this? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Nerds.. What is this?

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2010, 09:29
A lady my brother works with sent me an email this morning, saying this had come up on her desktop. She cannot click it, right click it, etc..... When she right clicks it, she gets the standard menu like you just right clicked the desktop.

I'm not 100% sure, but it almost looks like someone clicked something and chose "set as background"... and well.. there it is..lol..

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/IndyGunFreak/IBTL/home_page2.jpg

JimmyN
07-22-2010, 10:31
It could be something saved as a desktop image. It looks like a toolbar of some type gone bad, I see a message icon and a help icon plus some others. But since it's not clickable it does sound like it might be an image.

If it is a desktop image it will show in the preview pane if you right click for display properties, then the Desktop tab. The 'Background' selection box will probably show an image name or something highlighted rather than '(None)' If that's the case clicking 'None' and 'Apply' should make it disappear.
If it doesn't show up in Display Properties>Desktop then it's not a background image and some program is placing it there.

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2010, 15:45
LOL, just got off the phone with her, it was the wallpaper... I tried so hard not to laugh. It reminded me of that "The Website is Down" video..lol..

"You can't go back, you can't arrange by *****"..

IGF

dotsun
07-22-2010, 17:11
LOL, just got off the phone with her, it was the wallpaper... I tried so hard not to laugh. It reminded me of that "The Website is Down" video..lol..

"You can't go back, you can't arrange by *****"..

IGF

That's a classic, I recommend that video to every IT guy I work with. Well the cool ones anyway. :cool: