iPhone 3GS, battery problem. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3GS, battery problem.

G30SF/F-250
07-22-2010, 17:21
I have had this phone for about 6 months and did NOT do the upgrade. All of the sudden the battery wont last more than 3-4 hours on a full charge. It also gets warm like it is running something while it is not in use.

This just started today and I dont see any thing obvious on the settings that I am missing. I am not very computer smart but I havent changed anything.

Any body else have this problem? I did do a search here before posting this which turned up nothing.

Pierre!
07-22-2010, 19:52
Hopefully this will help...

You should restart daily, at least every other day.

You should hold both buttons - round one on face, and the power button - till the system restarts. Do this every couple of days.

You are probably correct that there is something running in the background, and the 2 button hold should help some.

Failing that, hit the Apple Store for tech support.

HTH!

DeathProof1982
07-22-2010, 20:31
My family all uses iPhones and the same problem happened to ours. We just took it to the apple store, let them know the problem, and they replaced it on the spot. This is on more than a few occasions. Make sure to backup your phone first before you go.

ronin.45
07-22-2010, 21:30
Would turning it off and back on due the same as the restart two-button method. I have never held both buttons but a few times when it started acting up I just turned it off and back on.

g29andy
07-23-2010, 19:14
Apple recommends to fully discharge the battery every month. Allow it to run down until it shuts off, then recharge.

After doing this, my 3gs holds a charge longer.

Worth a shot.

G30SF/F-250
07-23-2010, 23:17
My family all uses iPhones and the same problem happened to ours. We just took it to the apple store, let them know the problem, and they replaced it on the spot. This is on more than a few occasions. Make sure to backup your phone first before you go.

Thank you for the help; how do I back up my phone before I go?

G30SF/F-250
07-23-2010, 23:18
Thank you all for the help.:wavey:

Cole125
07-25-2010, 20:17
I too have had my iPhone 3GS for about six months as well and notice the battery does not last as long as it used to. I hear the battiers only last a certain number of chargers and then they need to be replaced, this is probably true in both of our cases.

W4CNG
07-25-2010, 20:53
You must have iTunes on your Windows or MAC computer, which will download from the internet when you first connect your iPhone to your computer after it Acknowledges the Drivers needed to run the program. Then you Sync your phone to that computer, a normal thing that you say YES to after saying YES to Apples requirements for using the software. You will then find some Software Updates that you need to do since you have never Sync'd your iPhone to a computer. This all takes time and you will eventually be asked to do a Software Upgrade to iOS4.01. Say Yes and follow the prompts. PS, you also cannot change the battery in your iPhone, neither can I.