Individual Ready Reserve question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Individual Ready Reserve question

Codename46
07-22-2010, 19:44
Hi,

I'm currently an AFROTC cadet. I was wondering if, after my 8 year total commitment (4 active 4 reserves I think?) is it possible to extend my contract purely as a Ready Reservist?

Also, does anyone know if the AF recalls IRR guys back into Active status?

Thanks.

freedom790
07-23-2010, 03:00
As far as I know, there is no extensions except for commander approved extensions at the end of your active duty enlistment, or re-enlistment within one year of your enlistment being up. Once your enlistment is up, you are IRR until you have 8 years since your date entered military service (ie. basic training entrance date). You can re-enter active duty service within a number of years that I can't recall right now, but there is no extension of the IRR service, as far as I know.

on a side note, I'm a cop, we arent known for knowing this sort of thing. You can try calling a personnelist, call the base operator and ask for Military Personnel Flight, Retentions and Re-enlistments Section.

bmylesk
08-01-2010, 16:33
as far as i know, freedom 790 is correct. im somewhat in the same boat. go talk to a recruiter as well, but again. call MPF, i would trust them more. hehe