Heinie straight 8 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Heinie straight 8

Long time holdout
07-23-2010, 19:23
Just wondering if anyone on here has used the Heinie Straight 8 night sights on a Glock 22.

If so I would relly like some feedback.

Thanks

CELT
07-25-2010, 10:10
I have them on my G19. They are great! I'm looking for some for a G21.

HAMMERHEAD
07-25-2010, 11:46
I've have Heinie Straight Eights on my 19, and have had Heinie's of one type or another on all my Glocks.
I like the crisp daytime sight picture and the dot over dot night picture is quick and easy.

DannyR
07-25-2010, 11:57
Heinie sights are excellent. In the past I've used them on the following Glock models: G17, G19, G26, G30, G34.

moose drool
07-29-2010, 14:48
Where is the least expensive place to purchase? Also, what size front and rear do you use?

Thanks!

Feanor
07-29-2010, 18:27
Just wondering if anyone on here has used the Heinie Straight 8 night sights on a Glock 22. If so I would relly like some feedback. Thanks I have, and unlike the other guys responding to your thread, I found them less then adequate. The sight construction on the slant pros I installed was fine, they fit well while retaining a relatively low profile. However, the dot on dot sighting arrangement was to say the least, disappointing, being hard to pick up, the concept(at least to me)obviously not nearly as quick as advertised, actually being somewhat distracting, not in anyway fluid, or instinctive. To top it off, they were quite expensive, and came with an inferior level of tritium, resulting in very dim illumination for low light application. IMO, you are best off with a set of Glock factory NS, which I have found to offer superior illumination(meprolight)in a traditional 3-dot configuration. I must add that I have observed many sets of slant pros on Glocks that were equally sub-par for illumination, a shame, as they are I believe produced bt trijicon.

WoodenPlank
08-02-2010, 10:19
I have a set of Warren sights in the same configuration - green front, yellow rear, and I like them. The yellow rear is noticeably dimmer than the yellow front, but that is fine by me. The green front is plenty bright. Both are using Trijicon lamps.