Same .dll, different copies - Problems? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Same .dll, different copies - Problems?

pascal
07-24-2010, 03:49
Hello,
I seem to have two programs, both of which use the same .dll. Each program has a copy in it's sub-directories. I've found that the copies of the same .dll, differ in size and date. Can this cause problems, especially in Windows 7 64 bit?
Should I not worry, should I update the older one with the newer one. Should I swear off 64 bit and go back to XP? :embarassed:
Thank you'all for any assistance.
pascal

Pierre!
07-24-2010, 08:50
You did not mention any issues... so...

If it isn't broken, don't fix it! :supergrin:

Enjoy the smooth running system!

Just make sure you back it up... Often. I have Mozy running 4 times a day now, and feeling pretty good about it!

Enjoy!

pascal
07-24-2010, 10:02
Hello Pierre,
Thus far the only errors are sidebyside errors in the Event Viewer. Thanks for time and reply.
pascal

cgwahl
07-24-2010, 12:14
The files being different size/date are probably just different versions. I wouldn't worry about it.

They working for the individual programs is all that matters.

pascal
07-24-2010, 14:06
Hello cgwahl,
Thank you for joining in. You don't know, at my level of experience, how positive it is to hear from members, advising on a issue. You make me less apprehensive and I like that. I have had a remarkably difficult time getting 64 Bit Windows 7 running properly. The fault is my ignorance and the inability of programs to remove the remnants of incompatible software. So I am dazed and confused. Take care.
pascal