help with grips, quick questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : help with grips, quick questions

glockfan9
07-24-2010, 07:46
ok so im picking up my new RIA compact tactical on monday (bac made me do it :tongueout:) but anywyas i want to order some grips today for it and im not exactly sure what all i need.
- I want the black double diamond kimber rubber grips, found them on the kimber store online for $16 and $26 after shipping.
- I dont know exactly what i need for the grip screws, i was looking on brownells and the is like ten different options. are they all the same size and shape? do i need bushings for them?
- Is there anywhere online that i could possibly find my grips and screws on the same site so i can just make one order?
thanks!

zhix
07-24-2010, 07:59
I think 1911 grips screws are all of a standard size, so your bushings that are already on the frame should work. If you put slim grips on it then you would want slim grip screws. I prefer Novak practical grip screws, they take both a flathead driver and an hex wrench.

If your grip screw bushings ever come loose from the frame and turn out with the screws with the grip panel stuck in between, you can tighten them back into the frame and then try to break it free by turning it in one fast motion.

Quack
07-24-2010, 08:54
it depends and the grips and the bushings used.

std grips w/ std bushings, use std screws

std grips w/ slim bushings, use std screws with an o-ring(between bushing and grip)

slim grips w/ slim bushings, use slim screws.

glockfan9
07-24-2010, 09:06
alright so if i just get the standard rubber kimber grips then all i need is the standard screws.
- anywhere specific online you guys shop that i may be able to find the grips and screws in the same place?

Quack
07-24-2010, 09:07
brownells.com

oops..just re-read that you were looking for the Kimber grips and screws from the same place. you should be able to get screws from kimber

Quack
07-24-2010, 09:08
also remember that the RIA Compact uses Officer size grips.

glockfan9
07-24-2010, 09:21
yup got em lol. i guess i shoulda searched the kimmber store for the screws :)

.. hmmm stainless or black? they have stainless in stock but i would have to wait for black... i could also just order the grips and find the screws at local shop.

Quack
07-24-2010, 09:24
yup got em lol. i guess i shoulda searched the kimmber store for the screws :)

.. hmmm stainless or black? they have stainless in stock but i would have to wait for black... i could also just order the grips and find the screws at local shop.

you could probably get the grips form the shop too and save the $10 for shipping

glockfan9
07-24-2010, 09:38
^ hmmm good point.. and even if i order today they prob wouldn't ship out till monday anyways.