Sony Vaio and Blu Ray [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio and Blu Ray

adv
07-25-2010, 07:59
Anyone have any ideas as to why my Vaio laptop (with Blu Ray player) doesn't play or even recognize that there's a Blu Ray disk in the drive?
It plays regular movies fine.
Apart from a 357 Mag round, any ideas on how to fix it???
Cheers

GIockGuy24
07-25-2010, 09:46
First, blu ray movies require a fairly high end video card. I'm guessing that since your computer has a blu ray player it has the required video card. What DVD software is it using to play regular DVD's? If it is only Microsoft software for DVD's it may not play blu ray discs. You may need the proper blu ray playing software installed.

JimmyN
07-25-2010, 10:09
What player and version is installed?

Blu-Ray player software for PC's has been a little slow getting out of the gate. Many of the Blu-Ray drives that you would buy for your PC to upgrade it came with an older version of WinDVD or PowerDVD that wouldn't even play Blu-Ray. The first thing you had to do was buy a copy of the latest version to watch anything other than DVD.

adv
07-26-2010, 18:12
Thanks guys, nothing with computers is ever bloody simple.

srhoades
07-28-2010, 09:50
See if there is a firmware update for your drive. You would be surprised at how much defective hardwire is shipped as working.

I once bought a router where DHCP didn't work, it took TWO firmware releases to fix it.