2010 Hunting Season [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Hunting Season

GeorgiaGlockMan
07-25-2010, 11:09
Where are you going to hunt this year?

A few years ago I started Elk hunting in Colorado.

After not getting to go last year due to a big project at work, a friend and I just sealed our plans to go back to the Rocky Mountains to chase Elk again with stick and string in September.

Of course I'll still deer hunt in Georgia at every opportunity, but nothing comes close for me to hunting in God's country for really big game.

I am so excited; I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it.

How did hunting season sneak up on me like this? It is a mere 5 weeks away. . . . . . . .

Tell me your plans and how fired up you are.

noway
07-25-2010, 16:30

After not getting to go last year due to a big project at work, a friend and I just sealed our plans to go back to the Rocky Mountains to chase Elk again with stick and string in September.

Of course I'll still deer hunt in Georgia at every opportunity, but nothing comes close for me to hunting in God's country for really big game.

How did hunting season sneak up on me like this? It is a mere 5 weeks away. . . . . . . .

Tell me your plans and how fired up you are.

I've started my hunting for 2010 2 months ago with hunting exotics. Nothing of interest yet and I'm waxing my strings and sharpening my Broadheads for archery in aug '10 on public lands.

I've been looking forward to a great 2010 season and hope to get a deer with stick & string and a few other animals.

IndianaMatt
07-28-2010, 16:20
I've never hunted before but I am hoping to make this my first year. Probably get into deer or maybe ducks later this year. Its not the easiest sport to get into if you don't already know somebody who's proficient. But I've got books...

Joshhtn
07-28-2010, 16:25
I'll be in Woodbury TN chasing the same big bodied 11 pointer I've been chasing for the past three seasons... I took his 8 point younger brother in 2009.

Also can't wait for Dove season to kick off!

Good luck to all my fellow hunters!!:wavey:

RJ Schuknecht
08-06-2010, 15:14
I will be hunting White-tailed deer.

Reagan40
08-12-2010, 21:24
I've never hunted before but I am hoping to make this my first year. Probably get into deer or maybe ducks later this year. Its not the easiest sport to get into if you don't already know somebody who's proficient. But I've got books...

Matt,
PM me if you would like to talk about deer hunting in IN. I have gone for years. I am no pro, I got my first one last year. I will be going out this year, depending on what part of the state you are in, maybe you can help me drag in my next big one!:wavey:

Reagan40
08-12-2010, 21:26
I am really wanting to go Wild Boar hunting. We do not have boar in IN yet, as far as I know. I would probably have to go to KY or further south. I just need to figure out where I can go. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have looked into some ranches, but the idea of having a guide hanging around kind of takes the enjoyment of hunting away for me.

Hummer
08-22-2010, 00:38

GeorgiaGlockMan, good luck on you elk hunt! I imagine you've got your truck packed and ready to go by now. It should be a good year for elk and I think there are lots of older bulls available this year.

I have both cow and bull elk tags and will be hunting the same area near the FlatTops Wilderness for the 25th year. I've also got buck deer and black bear licenses for the same 9-day rifle season. Who knows what will show itself? I never fill all my tags but I go home with meat almost every year. October 23rd is a ways away but I'm getting revved up too.

stevelyn
08-24-2010, 03:27
Leaving in a week or so to moose hunt as I do every year.

Ironbar
08-25-2010, 17:08
This year will be my first year hunting again in 21 years. I used to hunt all the time, and then sort of slowly fell out of it. I got busy with college, marriage, kids, home, etc. However, these past few years have seen life sort of mellow out a bit, and I found myself wanting to back to it.

I'm almost fully outfitted again, and this October we'll be hunting Columbia Blacktail Deer in Western, OR. Hopefully after a few years I'll draw a tag for the special hunts back in Eastern Oregon.

rfb45colt
09-01-2010, 18:54
My 2010 season began today (if you don't count hunting turkey last spring, and coyotes all summer) with the early canada goose season. I'll also be assisting a hunting buddy who got a bear tag, beginning next Wednesday (been baiting on his behalf for the past 5-6 weeks). Then comes grouse and fall turkey, then ducks & geese (regular season), then rifle deer season.... and when all those seasons have ended, it's back to yotes again. :whistling:

I gave up archery deer a few years ago. Just too many other hunting opportunities (especially waterfowl) going on at the same time. To be successful at bow hunting for deer takes time and patience. I'd be sitting in a treestand and a flock of geese or mallards would fly over... and within 30 minutes I'd be on my way home to get my shotgun, decoys, and Choc Lab. So I finally decided to just be honest with myself, and do what I enjoy the most... hunt waterfowl. The sound of geese honking gets my blood flowing more than anything else. I've got one really nice bow... but 11 shotguns. I've got three treestands... but I've also got 3 hunting boats and almost 200 decoys (96 duck, and 84 goose... did an "inventory" just last weekend when getting ready for today's opener). I've got one buck grunt call... and one bushel-basket full of duck & goose calls. :dunno:

Edit: I forgot to mention that all my hunting is done within 20 miles of my home here in north central WI.

TScottW99
09-09-2010, 21:04
I went dove hunting on Monday and goose hunting on Tuesday. My next hunt will probably be when archery starts next month.

No plans to go out of state this year just hunting Virginia. Plan to hit about every season we have though :supergrin:

GeorgiaGlockMan
09-20-2010, 11:54
I love hearing about other people's trips and what they put into them.

My WT season has started strong after bringing back zilch from Colorado.

My first 2010 deer.

This one was on the short list of 3 regulars to my place.

Keep hunting!

_STL_15_
09-20-2010, 12:06
I will be taking November off to hunt Deer. All three seasons packed into one Bow, Rifle, and Muzzleloader. I just got my muzzleloader and rifle out today to clean. Good Luck to everyone this year. Hope everyone fills there tags.

GeorgiaGlockMan
09-20-2010, 12:35
I will be taking November off to hunt Deer. All three seasons packed into one Bow, Rifle, and Muzzleloader. I just got my muzzleloader and rifle out today to clean. Good Luck to everyone this year. Hope everyone fills there tags.

Wow - that sounds great.

Like the Duck Commander's commercial where he says "I hunt every day of the season...."

It would be like a dream to have a full hunting season without interruption from work.

Good luck!

The AmBASSaDEER
09-20-2010, 12:43
Deer, rabbit, squirel, and turkey. All in GA