Kahr Quality Assurance [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Quality Assurance

Zut
07-25-2010, 11:48
Disclaimer: I have been involved in aerospace manufacturing for almost 30 years and am an FAA licensed mechanic and pilot.

Loving my MK-9, I purchased an M1 Carbine from Kahr's sister company Auto Ordinance a few years ago. This was a fun gun to shoot, but I never could get it to zero. After a year of drifting the rear sight back and forth, I finally put an adjustable rear sight on it. Still no luck with zeroing. At a local HP reduced match last weekend, the range master told me to check and see if the barrel was tight in the reciever. I though he was kidding. Just a few minutes ago I unscrewed the barrel from the receiver with light finger pressure. Not good. No Kahr customer service for me this time around. I am going to rebuild the entire rifle myself using red locktite.

mooseman
07-26-2010, 07:09
I'm lost. Did you contact Kahr customer service at some point? All I see is 'No Kahr customer service for me this time around.'

SixGlocks
07-26-2010, 08:48
I'm lost. Did you contact Kahr customer service at some point? All I see is 'No Kahr customer service for me this time around.'

I agree. Good question.
They had great CS when I needed to return one of my several Kahr's for service.

Zut
07-26-2010, 16:06
See last sentence in my original post...

Nuclear
07-28-2010, 17:01
See last sentence in my original post...

I read it, you are going to put it together with red locktite, but what does that have to do with Kahr's customer service? Did you have a bad experience with them or do you not trust CS because of an instance of bad QC?

SixGlocks
07-28-2010, 17:59
I read it, you are going to put it together with red locktite, but what does that have to do with Kahr's customer service? Did you have a bad experience with them or do you not trust CS because of an instance of bad QC?

Thank you. I don't understand his post either. :brickwall:

Zut
07-30-2010, 18:34
It's very easy guys. Kahr customer service is good. They turned my MK-9 with the cracked slide around in a week at no charge except for shipping. That was an easy repair, all Kahr did was replace parts. What I am trying to say is that if Kahr/Auto Ordinance ships so many new firearms with basic manufacturing defects, I no longer trust them to build or work on my guns. That carbine lists for over $800 new. I should have bought a CMP carbine and budgeted a few hundred bucks to tune it up. I would have been much better off...

SixGlocks
07-30-2010, 19:27
Then you bring up a good point and I agree.