can you kill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : can you kill

yamen1999
07-25-2010, 12:09
In reading different forums on self defense one thing seems to be lacking. And that is just because you own a gun for self defense no one seems to address the question can you kill. I practice martial arts and I train with the mind set of inflicting sever injury on an attaker up to including deadly force. I train my mind to work in the high adrenalin range. The only other way I know of is to wait until the situation occures which I think is the wrong time to find out. I try to avoid confrontation because I believe violence is stupid, but there are people that only understand violence. How can a person train to be able to react with leathal force if they do not like the martial arts.

Thank you

Mas Ayoob
07-26-2010, 07:35
The willingness to use appropriate force, however repugnant it may be to one's personal value system, is essential to self-defense. While I agree with you that the martial arts are one path to achieving that, a strong mental plan and the conviction to do what must be done in an emergency seem to be enough to get most people through.