Need help disassembling my TRP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help disassembling my TRP

bdoub1eu
07-25-2010, 17:16
Guys, I have never detail stripped my TRP but I've got about 1000 rounds through it and took a course through TigerSwan yesterday and figured while I was cleaning it that I would take it completely apart and clean it since it was filthy (I have field stripped it a few times but never completey stripped it down). However, I can't get the grip safety to come out. So when you don't know how to do something, you just start messing around with it right? I know...I'm an idiot.

Hammer is out (which should have come after the grip safety and ILS I believe) but grip safety is still in. I was watching a you tube video of a guy stripping his MilSpec and he said that after the safety safety was removed, the grip safety would just slide out. Can you help me out?

Here's what I've got:

http://i29.tinypic.com/14v4hme.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2i0xfg8.jpg

I don't think it's too far beyond me fixing it (some of you might say take it to a gunsmith) but I'd appreciate any help you can give!! You gotta learn sometime right?

faawrenchbndr
07-25-2010, 17:28
Many on YouTube,.........

bdoub1eu
07-25-2010, 17:53
Guys, nevermind. Removed the mainspring housing and grip safeth came right out. In the video I was watching of the milspec, the guy removed the grip safety and the mainspring housing later - guess they're a little different. Thanks anyway.

CMG
07-25-2010, 19:17
Proper detail-stripping of the frame assembly starts with removing the Main Spring Housing.

If at all possible, I'd suggest you find a different (better) video.

glock_19guy1983
07-25-2010, 19:41
Proper detail-stripping of the frame assembly starts with removing the Main Spring Housing.

If at all possible, I'd suggest you find a different (better) video.

or a simpler weapon. get a glock any idiot can take them apart and get them back together:tongueout:

samuse
07-25-2010, 19:57
What size hammer did you use to get the hammer pin out?:supergrin:

samuse
07-25-2010, 20:07
Sorry, my last post was not helpful at all.

None of the pins should be hard to push out except the mainspring housing pin.

The mag catch does not have a screw in it.

Pay attention to, or take a picture of the sear, disconnector and sear spring while still assembled, they can be tricky to get back in.

Don't use your sear spring to learn how to remove the mag catch.

You should be able to disassemble a 1911 with only finger pressure(unless it's ridiculously tight, like a Les Baer)

Follow these directions: http://1911info.us/disassembly/disassembly.htm

Cobra64
07-26-2010, 00:04
... get a glock any idiot can take them apart and get them back together:tongueout:

That's why idiots own Glocks. :rofl:

samuse
07-26-2010, 22:12
That's why idiots own Glocks. :rofl:

You must be new here.:tongueout: This is GLOCKTALK...

Yeah, I saw your post count:rofl: