Plans for Homemade Deer Stands???? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Homemade Deer Stands????

smoke
07-26-2010, 09:22
Mostly interested in the Climbing Type, but if you've got any proven designs, lets see 'em. Links will also work.

Ladders and Lock-ons also welcome.

vafish
07-26-2010, 20:10
Back when I was young and poor and needed a portable stand I made do with one of those ladders that folds every which way. I already had the ladder.

It was 12' tall, but with the top section folded over it was 9' tall. I spray painted it black, and screwed some boards to make a platform in the top section, then just used a ratchet strap to attach it to a tree.

Big Bird
07-30-2010, 19:52
Mostly interested in the Climbing Type, but if you've got any proven designs, lets see 'em. Links will also work.

Ladders and Lock-ons also welcome.

Honestly, you will be dollars to donuts ahead to just go buy one.

If you make one yourself it will be out of steel...aluminum is simply too hard for most people to weld well. A steel one will weigh too much to be of any real utility. You will spend $50-100 on material alone. Plus your time.

You can buy a good climber for less than $200. You can buy the best put there for around $300.

Building your own simply takes too much time for too little reward. Plus there's nobody you can sue when you fall out of it and break your neck and become a parapalegic!

profiler999
08-04-2010, 15:03
buy a climber (summit) buy a harness (wear it always), safe hunting.