Emerson Persian Tactical [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Persian Tactical

syntaxerrorsix
07-26-2010, 14:48
I've once again added to my EKI collection.

A discontinued 2009 PTAC. Not impossible to find but I waited a few months for one in this condition to turn up.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/syntaxerrorsix/Emerson_Persian_800.jpg

itstime
07-26-2010, 15:00
Very nice blade.

syntaxerrorsix
07-26-2010, 15:16
Very nice blade.
It just went to the top of the EDC rotation. The handle is bigger than my Commander, it may take some getting use to but I'm willing to give it a try :supergrin:

ronin.45
07-26-2010, 16:07
Nice find. Those have been getting harder to find. I should have got one when they were unpopular and cheap(ish).

syntaxerrorsix
07-27-2010, 10:02
Nice find. Those have been getting harder to find. I should have got one when they were unpopular and cheap(ish).

It's certain you will pay more than original retail. I can't comment to the unpopularity of them when they were available. Seems I see a wanted thread at least once a month on the knife forums.

I haven't had the knife long enough to form an opinions on performance and EDC. I can tell you it has an absolutely solid lock up and the blade is centered. This is my second Emerson with a coated blade. Their coatings are pretty tough but I fall into the non-coated camp more often than not. There are distinct tool marks on the spine of this knife that could have been tended to at the time of manufacture. I love the design and the feel of the knife in my hand, it fits the way you would expect it to no matter which grip you choose. I imagine if it's still in my pocket a month from now it will be safe to assume it's a winner.

ronin.45
07-29-2010, 00:59
When I say they were unpopular it isn't meant in a negative way. I just remember when they were on eBay regularly for $130 when most other Emersons were much more. They didn't seem to have the following that some of his designs get. I wish I had picked one up then.

syntaxerrorsix
07-29-2010, 04:29
When I say they were unpopular it isn't meant in a negative way. I just remember when they were on eBay regularly for $130 when most other Emersons were much more. They didn't seem to have the following that some of his designs get. I wish I had picked one up then.
Very true, you can still find them listed as back ordered or discontinued. The cheapest I found was 119.99. Odd as the construction and materials are identical to the rest of the their production line. It is a relatively purpose driven blade design.