Need some help on holsters for my wife [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on holsters for my wife

check 6
07-27-2010, 07:07
Ok Ladies, I am looking for advice. My wife enjoys practical pistol shooting, she uses a Kahr T 9. The rules do not allow purse draw ( the method of carry she uses) nor cross draw. Most of the high ride holsters are difficult for her to draw from ie the female body. Thus I'm on a mission to find her a quality holster for her Kahr just for the match shooting. Something that is not highride hopefully. She enjoys the competition but is frustrated with the current holster set up. Suggestions to make this special lady in my life happy are appreciated.

DragonLibra
07-28-2010, 15:34
Ok Ladies, I am looking for advice. My wife enjoys practical pistol shooting, she uses a Kahr T 9. The rules do not allow purse draw ( the method of carry she uses) nor cross draw. Most of the high ride holsters are difficult for her to draw from ie the female body. Thus I'm on a mission to find her a quality holster for her Kahr just for the match shooting. Something that is not highride hopefully. She enjoys the competition but is frustrated with the current holster set up. Suggestions to make this special lady in my life happy are appreciated.

A lot of us ladies in IDPA like Drop Offset Holsters. I just checked and BladeTech does have for the Kahr T 9. Here's how they describe on their website.

The "offset" feature of this holster allows for a greater degree of outward cant, which positions the grip of your pistol away from the body in a vertical position for more positive indexing. This popular holster also features a "drop", which lowers the placement of the pistol for an easier reach, allowing the arm to remain more extended. The Drop & Offset holster is very popular for range work and is perfect for women's carry. The loop is adjustable for three different cants, Straight Drop, FBI cant, Muzzle Forward.

check 6
07-28-2010, 17:50
A lot of us ladies in IDPA like Drop Offset Holsters. I just checked and BladeTech does have for the Kahr T 9. Here's how they describe on their website.

The "offset" feature of this holster allows for a greater degree of outward cant, which positions the grip of your pistol away from the body in a vertical position for more positive indexing. This popular holster also features a "drop", which lowers the placement of the pistol for an easier reach, allowing the arm to remain more extended. The Drop & Offset holster is very popular for range work and is perfect for women's carry. The loop is adjustable for three different cants, Straight Drop, FBI cant, Muzzle Forward.

Thanks for the response. I did some research yesterday and found this Bladetech holster. Called them, very nice people and ordered one for my wife. Thanks