Is Colt Going to..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is Colt Going to.....

Goldendog Redux
07-27-2010, 18:06
make the CCO again? I saw somewhere where they might make a CCO or Commander in the Special Combat Gov't vain. I need a CCO or a new Commander. Having seen a Lightweight CCO up for sale right now makes me want to sell my TRP to buy it. If Colt is going to start producing a new Commander or CCO like they are the SCG I will hold out. If Colt would make a Commander without the ghastly FCS, my choice would be a lot easier.

Obviously a LB Stinger or DW CCO would be sexy as well. I just feel the need to retire my 1970's Lightweight Commander for a modern spec'd gun. I thought about having a local, renowned smith rework the Commander but I could see easily dumping hundreds upon hundreds into it.

FCS notwithstanding, I like my TRP but it just sits and I don't like having things I never use.

MF

ArmoryDoc
07-27-2010, 23:56
They are supposed to have one coming out this fall. Estimated price $1500.00-ish.

MD357
07-28-2010, 00:34
If Colt would make a Commander without the ghastly FCS, my choice would be a lot easier.

If Colt made a S70 style Commander period, they'd sell like hotcakes. I've always liked most Colt products but whomever has been in charge of their marketing is beyond clueless.

ArmoryDoc
07-28-2010, 08:54
If Colt made a S70 style Commander period, they'd sell like hotcakes. I've always liked most Colt products but whomever has been in charge of their marketing is beyond clueless.

This is correct, on both counts. :wavey:

BOGE
07-28-2010, 13:44

True with one caveat: the reintro of the Frontier Six Shooter in 2008. :cool:

RonS
07-28-2010, 16:29
I don't really think that they are so much clueless as they were playing the cards that they were dealt. I mean Colt was on the ropes, their manufacturing process was designed for high volume production of products that were 30+ years old and was incredibly expensive when put to low volume production, they had a hostile relationship with their workforce, debt out the Yazoo and they had to sell what they could afford to make and put whatever profits they could make back into improving their capabilities. I think they have reached the take off point and now we will start to see more imaginative and high quality handguns from them.

I have tremendous respect for General Keyes and the job that Colt has done clawing their way back from the brink in spite of the unrelenting hatred of the firearm press in general and American Handjob in particular, a magazine that to this day never misses a chance to ridicule and slander Colt.

Is there a fingers crossed smilie?

BOGE
07-28-2010, 22:29
...American Handjob...

:rofl: :animlol: