SD during Riots. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SD during Riots.

hardeyes
07-28-2010, 18:58
Hello Mas,

I live outside the Los Angeles area, what I've learned is this city can break into a Riot situation very quickly. Sporting events, Race, and Gangbangers have shown they can start up Riots very quickly.

My Question to you is, how can one defend themselves (in court) if you have to fire into a crowd that may try to burn you out of a home, or a group of BG's that may try to run you down with they're vehicle.

I know there are many different variables during a riot, I lived thru the LA Riots, and know the crime scene changes very rapidly.

Also, what would be you're personal choice of Rifle caliber, 5.56 or 308. The reason I ask is that you may have to stop a car, or shoot thru cover.

Once again, how can we use the best SD plan, while dealing with the outcome of the legal system, once order is restored.

hardeyes

Mas Ayoob
07-28-2010, 19:07
The history of individuals dealing with homicidal mob violence is that, legally, each member of the lawless mob shares the responsibility for the fear they create, and therefore shares the general jeopardy of well-earned defensive gunfire from the innocent victims of said mob. Find a legal library and spend a day reading "Warren on Homicide." For a case in point, Google "Dr. Ossian Sweet."

Expect, however, to go through the emotionally and financially devastating ordeal of trial. Avoidance is always the best alternative, if it is possible.

If I KNEW I was going into a situation where I would have to fire into motor vehicles, I would probably bring my SOCOM-16 in 7.62mm NATO (.308 Winchester). The trick, of course, is in predicting the encounter.

Best,
Mas