Glock 19 troubles [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 troubles

JDfromMA
07-28-2010, 22:48
I have a glock 19 with a lasermax sight that I recently got. Gun worked perfect the first time at the range (100 rounds) when cleaning it after this first trip I accidentally lost the end cap after it went flying. I ordered a new end cap from lasermax and took the pistol to the range today for the first time. Now, the gun locks the slide back after every round. Even after inserting mag and trying to rack the slide, it tries to lock back the slide as if there is no mag. Any ideas? Did they send me the wrong end cap? Does that even matter? I appreciate any help.

JR
07-29-2010, 16:47
It’s a user caused issue. You took the frame apart and installed the slide stop incorrectly. Lucky for you, its an easy fix.

You need to remove the slide stop and reinstall. This time make sure the spring on the slide stop is under the locking block pin. Give it the "flick test" before installing the slide. Flick the slide stop upward. It should spring down on its own. Insert an empty magazine and you should see the slide stop move upward as the mag locks in place. Remove the mag. If the slide stop stays up.... reinstall again.

Here is a good book to have lying around if you ever want to verify what you are doing: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186&TERM=boo