Extreme Shock Ammo, Is It Really All That? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Shock Ammo, Is It Really All That?

Glock1911
07-29-2010, 11:43
I've read Jeff Quinn's GunBlast report on his hog hunting experience using this round successfully in a 9mm. I'm still skeptical. Should I be? Is Extreme Shock 9mm ammo really as effective as Quinn would have us believe?
Who has had actual experience with Extreme Shock ammo? Is it all hype, or does it really perform as advertised?

Wickersham
07-29-2010, 13:10
If it were just hype, would these three "Operators" dare risk tarnishing their image by being in the advertisement? :whistling:

http://www.extremeshockusa.com/gfx_splash/top_2.jpg

Glockdude1
07-29-2010, 13:29
I have yet to meet a single person that has actually bought, yet alone fired a single round of extreme shock ammo.

:cool:

Glock1911
07-29-2010, 15:07
If it were just hype, would these three "Operators" dare risk tarnishing their image by being in the advertisement? :whistling:

Well, they are hiding behind masks, Wickersham.:supergrin:

Glock1911
07-29-2010, 15:09
I have yet to meet a single person that has actually bought, yet alone fired a single round of extreme shock ammo.

Nor, have I. Quinn seems to use it in every gun he tests, along with CorBon.

LibertyDeath
07-29-2010, 15:28
Not worth it.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm

hackinpeat
07-29-2010, 15:37
Funny thing... the advert.. It is the same guy and he has been photoshopped.

Eye color was changed, on the one on our left, the eyebrows darkened on the one in the middle... and the epic fail... the one on the right is a really bad attempt at changing his skin complexion...

The ad is terrible, it makes me think of mullets and broken down camaros for some reason... but if the ammo works I'd buy it.

mourneblade
07-29-2010, 16:30

When I got my first gun, a glock 21, I bought a box 20 "fang faces". I soon realized they were too expensive to buy in quantity and unproven. So I shot them all during a range session.

Merkavaboy
07-29-2010, 16:40
Years ago my buddy and I tested the 9mm 85AFR and the 124FF in a ballistic wax block. We were impressed with the size of the cavity it left behind. Both rounds desintergrated and left a coating of what looked like gray soot throught the wound channel. We recovered the orange plastic nose cap from the AFR and small fragments of copper jacket from the FF round.

There was a GT member who frequently posted in CC and did a lot of critter control around his ranch with various handgun caliber rounds (and I don't remember his name), who claimed that he tried the ES in .32 Auto against large size raccoons and the ES was the most effective load compared to all the modern JHP loads in 9mm and .45ACP that he tried against the 'coons. His claim was that the .32 ES made piles of goo out of the animals.

Whether the story is true or not is debatable. But based on the wholely unscientific test that I did with the 9mm ES loads, I feel that it is completely plausible.

And until there are actual reports of ES being used against human beings, there is no telling how effective ES may or may not be as a SD round.

MrMurphy
07-29-2010, 17:18
The round has been disproven in some tests by a ballistician who normally presents his work to the Pentagon and the DOD.

They're varmint rounds. The only Extreme Shock you'll get is to your wallet, I would sooner shoot ball.

And no, I won't link the forum it was posted in as it's for professionals.

Foxtrotx1
07-29-2010, 17:46

Same guy three times.

BadAndy
07-29-2010, 17:54
And they photoshopped face paint onto one of the copies....orrrrr they're trying to make him look black :rofl:

G21FAN
07-29-2010, 18:04
If them handgun rounds are so good, Why does the front guy have a shotgun?:whistling:

Pardoner
07-29-2010, 19:37
Funny thing... the advert.. It is the same guy and he has been photoshopped.

Eye color was changed, on the one on our left, the eyebrows darkened on the one in the middle... and the epic fail... the one on the right is a really bad attempt at changing his skin complexion...

The ad is terrible, it makes me think of mullets and broken down camaros for some reason... but if the ammo works I'd buy it.

Come on! You know they are triplets! They each spend different times in the tanning booth so their other operator friends can tell them apart.

Glock1911
07-30-2010, 07:40
Well, at least I've gotten some REALLY good feedback about the advertisement.:whistling::upeyes:

glocknbruce
07-31-2010, 09:54
If them handgun rounds are so good, Why does the front guy have a shotgun?:whistling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DonD
07-31-2010, 10:16
I guess people just want to believe that some small, fly by night company can produce a product that is dramatically superior to what Remington, Winchester, Federal et all can do with their engineers, labs and large budgets.

My favorite is RBCD or whatever their acronym is. That is just more overpriced, overhyped junk. They use tests that are not accepted by the ballistics community to make it appear that their pistol ammo is just short of a 50BMG in performance.

Save your money. Don :upeyes: :upeyes:

Glockdude1
07-31-2010, 14:02

Subliminal advertising for the new 12ga extreme shock ammo. If you thought the 10mm was powerful........ :wow:

Ok, I am full of it....... :tongueout:

GlocksterPaulie
07-31-2010, 14:03
Don't waste your money.

Paulie

rome2240sw
07-31-2010, 15:14
My friend bought two of the 6 packs of this to try as well as the glaser safety slugs. Nothing i would trust my life on is all i got to say. Rather shoot FMJs from a 9mm than load these into my .40sw. Great for shooting squirrels and animals but nothing i would trust shooting through heavy clothing with. just my .02 cents.