Attention TnOutdoors9, Would like to make an ammo donation for testing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Attention TnOutdoors9, Would like to make an ammo donation for testing

KiloBravo
07-29-2010, 20:27
Please excuse me for calling you out like this, but I did not know how else to contact you. I watch quite a few of your youtube videos, and have seen the test for the test for 147 gr. PDX1 in 9MM. My question is if you have any 124 gr. +P on hand to test as well?

If you do not, but would like to do a video on it, I would be willing to donate some for the cause that I was just able to find here locally. Please feel free to PM with your information and the number of rounds you would need, and I will be happy to ship them off to you.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you! :wavey:

EDIT: If somebody here on the forum knows him personally, or talks to him often, please let him know this is a standing offer. Just need to know where to send the ammo and how much of it. Thanks!

Republic of Texas
07-30-2010, 03:16
I contacted him from his Youtube video when I donated some ammo. I think you may have to register for an account if you don't already have one to do so. He got back to me in a day or two.

FLglockdude
07-30-2010, 17:37
Looks like somebody beat you to it.

In the video he posted today of the 165gr .40S&W PDX1, he says somebody sent him some of the 124+p and that he will be testing it shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_V07UoG-HM&playnext=1&videos=OLHwJHk4Pjs

KiloBravo
07-30-2010, 18:31
Looks like somebody beat you to it.

In the video he posted today of the 165gr .40S&W PDX1, he says somebody sent him some of the 124+p and that he will be testing it shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_V07UoG-HM&playnext=1&videos=OLHwJHk4Pjs

Hey, that is cool with me. I just wanted to see how they perform. :supergrin:

FLglockdude
07-31-2010, 19:41
Not too good in his test. The hollow point cavity got plugged with denim and failed to expand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-HktsSKV6Q&playnext=1&videos=eIk12aDxHwE&feature=sub

TWS G26
08-05-2010, 14:52
It's already posted in another forum, but I will be retesting this. Thanks for the shout-out!

rome2240sw
08-05-2010, 17:03
any test in the future for the federal 180gr HST? XM40HC? its the whitebox federal HST with the brass casings

novaDAK
08-08-2010, 19:10
any test in the future for the federal 180gr HST? XM40HC? its the whitebox federal HST with the brass casings

No reason it shouldn't perform just like the P40HST1 he tested...it's the same bullet, just loaded in plain brass cases. Velocity differs no more than 15fps if I remember correctly.

rome2240sw
08-08-2010, 19:32
No reason it shouldn't perform just like the P40HST1 he tested...it's the same bullet, just loaded in plain brass cases. Velocity differs no more than 15fps if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your reply. I had the same feeling but you know how others down grade some things. But its my carry load at this time and its pretty reliable hence i tried some in my gun by firing a box or 2 before making my mind up as if i wanted to carry them. low recoil. decent ammo.

novaDAK
08-11-2010, 15:18
Thanks for your reply. I had the same feeling but you know how others down grade some things. But its my carry load at this time and its pretty reliable hence i tried some in my gun by firing a box or 2 before making my mind up as if i wanted to carry them. low recoil. decent ammo.

I remember reading (probably on this site) someone contacted Federal and asked about it. They said it was NOT rejected ammo (like some on the internet were speculating) but it WAS from a gov't. contract.