Found 180GR HST For sale [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Found 180GR HST For sale

wruckis
07-29-2010, 22:06
Hey everyone. I know how hard it is to find good SD ammo these days especially here on the left coast. sgammo.com has Speer GD in 165 & 180gr, winchester ranger bonded 165 & 180gr, win. ranger "T" 180gr and federal HST in 180gr ( very hard to find in 180gr) All are in 50 round boxes not 20 or 25 and at good prices. As of a couple min. ago they had 7 boxes left of the HST'S. Just thought i would pass this info along.

rome2240sw
07-29-2010, 23:03
Another place you can check out is Palmetto State Armory. Thats where i picked up my Federal HSTs from. They also carry winchester PDX1, hornady tap, hornady critical defense, fiocchi, Speer Gold dot 180gr/165gr, and numerous other rounds for all sorts of calibers. I got the white box HSTs tho. With the brass cases and silver primers. Same HST quality just with standard brass shells.

wruckis
07-30-2010, 00:27
Another place you can check out is Palmetto State Armory. Thats where i picked up my Federal HSTs from. They also carry winchester PDX1, hornady tap, hornady critical defense, fiocchi, Speer Gold dot 180gr/165gr, and numerous other rounds for all sorts of calibers. I got the white box HSTs tho. With the brass cases and silver primers. Same HST quality just with standard brass shells.
I saw those white box HST's,XM40HC i believe. do you have any data on those? What is the difference between the white box hst's and the pretty box of hst's, just the shells and primers?

cadillacguns
07-30-2010, 06:08
Wal-Mart sells Federal 135 GR JHP brass cased .40 with the same type HST bullit profile for $22.97 a box of 50.

wruckis
07-30-2010, 14:04
Yep, i bought a few boxes of the 135gr hst from wallyworld, good price but i am wanting someting with a little more penetration and those 180gr hst's are hard to find so i thought i better get'em while the gettin is good. I have heard that at the start of next year california residents can no longer purchase ammo online, if that is true i will have to buy a lot more 135gr hst' or wwb 180 gr hp's from wallyworld.

gatorboy
07-31-2010, 07:46
I believe the difference between the white box and regular is white box has brass cases and regular has nickle plated brass cases. Not 100% though.

Stock up online while you can then man! Ammo will last a long, long time if kept cool and dry. I have bought all the SD ammo I think I'll need for the rest of my life (I'm young and don't smoke) unless something comes out that is SO much better, it's guaranteed to anchor a goblin with a miss. Know what I mean?