Added more red to my reloading bench today... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Added more red to my reloading bench today...

jeffreybehr
07-31-2010, 00:16
...a Hornady Lock-n-Load Auto Charge powder dispenser.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jeffreybehr/Shooting%20stuff/HornadyLnLAutoCharge_1280w.jpg

It was quite easy to setup and works very well. The scale was within a tenth-grain of my Lyman digital, and the powder charges were dispensed fairly quickly and quite accurately.

I had an RCBS 1500 a few years ago and sold it with all my rifle-reloading stuff. It was infuriating, stopping trickling when the target weight was reached...and then the scale settled several tenths higher. I took to setting the target a few tenths low and manually trickling to correct weight. This AutoCharge doesn't do that; it trickles to the correct weight and stops.

Haven't yet figured out how to do ANYTHING with an overcharge but pull the plug and start over; there's nothing in the (very brief) instructions about that. Still, it works quite well and I'm happy.

So now my pistol loads are charged, more quickly, to a degree of refinement that's about 50 times better than my shooting ability. Well, we wouldn't want to blame the equipment, would we. :upeyes:

ignantmike
07-31-2010, 04:50
how much?......

norton
07-31-2010, 05:43
Nice
I have a Lyman 1200 dps 3 auto dispenser, I use for my rifle rounds and stuff I don't do on the 550.
Happy loading!

jeffreybehr
07-31-2010, 17:13
how much?......

In my experience, Graf & Sons is always a bit less expensive than, say, Midway, and that was true with this...$224.99 + fixed $4.95 handling and insurance = $229.94.

Spydermonkey
07-31-2010, 18:28
Haven't yet figured out how to do ANYTHING with an overcharge but pull the plug and start over; there's nothing in the (very brief) instructions about that.

Press the "enter" button on the lower left to clear the overcharge message. Then just dump the powder back into the hopper, put the pan back and off it goes metering again.

If you are having constant overcharging issues you may want to turn the speed down.